Sirennet - Chris Demos a Whelen Broadcaster Digital Voice Message Recorder

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Chris Demos a Whelen Broadcaster Digital Voice Message Recorder

http://sirennet.com/whbrdcstr.html When cell service is out or you need to supplement your Mass Notification Warning System, the Broadcaster Digital Voice Message Recorder from Whelen will be there to alert, inform and direct the public. Whelen, one of the largest Mass Notification System manufacturers brings you a new mobile digital voice recorder and playback unit that is a valuable addition to other emergency notification systems. Designed for use with any emergency vehicle's siren system, simple switching functions will allow the radio repeat function to playback a pre-recorded message from the Broadcaster. Also, this combination system will allow live voice and switchable siren tone functions. Broadcaster is a great addition to a Whelen Mass Notification System.

Features:

Wired through your current siren amplifier's radio repeat function and allows you to record and play back an emergency message.

Record your message by simply pressing the PTT button.

When the record light illuminates, start your message and when done release the PTT button.

Play personally recorded message once or continually repeat the message simply by holding the play button for 2 seconds.

Easily add a siren tone before the message for a complete repeating loop.

3 siren tones to choose from, yelp, piercer and pulsed air horn by toggling through the select function switch.

Record up to a 30 second event specific message. Re-record a new message to change.

Toggle between radio pass through mode and message broadcast mode.

Adjustable preset radio repeat volume.

Adjustable preset recorded message volume.

Easy to understand and use with front panel mounted LED display.

Small size allows for mounting almost anywhere.

Includes removable microphone.

Adjustable swivel bail bracket.

Patent pending.

Dimensions: 1-1/16" (27mm) H x 5-1/4" (133mm) W x 3-3/16" (81mm) D.

Whelen 2 Year Warranty

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Why does Stuart insist on pronouncing it "Whee-lin"? If you call the factory they answer the phone as " Way-len". Pretty sure the horse's mouth is accurate.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
yawning.jpg

Oh, sorry!

JDI has had a more cost-effective system for years.  When you contact us, we ship a leprechan to you via overnight package service.  He sits in the car and uses the mic that came with your siren/ PA system. He literally eats next to nothing (about a teaspoon of corned beef, cabbage & potatoes each day), so your costs are better contained.  When your event is over, toss the wee lad back in the pre-paid box and you get your deposit back. What could be simpler?  No wiring, no learning curve, no additional electronics to tax your vehicle's alternator. Contact us today for more information.

Reactions: zsiya and PJD642
Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
Geez, Jazz, the last leprechaun I saw had some "difficulties" interacting with law enforcement.

NSFW, and a cool Aero involved.  

Also, sorry Sirennet, I didn't mean to assist in the hijack of your thread. 

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Why does Stuart insist on pronouncing it "Whee-lin"? If you call the factory they answer the phone as " Way-len". Pretty sure the horse's mouth is accurate.
I've always pronounced it "Way-len".    I've never heard of "Wheel-lin".

Reactions: Solvarex

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
... I think I'll go with the way they say it :)
Let's settle this now & go with the way the JDI folks say it.  Oh, wait... this is not The Ring. 

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Apparently Solvarex has never heard someone with an accent before. 

And he is from Canada, they say everything weird.

Reactions: rwo978 and ryanm

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I looked up the name on the Internet and and the closest thing I could find is Whelan (pronounced hwi len), which is an Irish family surname.  The actual Irish name is O'Faolain.  Whelan is the English version of the name.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I looked up the name on the Internet and and the closest thing I could find is Whelan (pronounced hwi len), which is an Irish family surname.  The actual Irish name is O'Faolain.  Whelan is the English version of the name.
When they came through Ellis Island in the 19th century, with their first beacon in an old gunny sack, the immigration officials changed their name to Whelen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.