Sirennet - Whelen ION V-Series Super-LED Surface Mount Light

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
They're not bad. Great for off-angle lighting when mounted sideways, but not much for up-front punch (but maybe it's time we had a lighthead that had great side warning and less front-end power).

They do well on the sides of push bumpers or as mid-ship/intersection lights under mirrors. At least that's what I think (but don't take my word for it).

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I don't think the camera shows an accurate depiction of the head on lighting, it seems just as bright head on as off axis (which was very surprising).

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Probably because they make many more parts for the ION housings than the M2 housings. Also the Standard V-Series has 6 LEDs for the Alley lights.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
They show them on the mirrors in this video from Whelen, look about 13 seconds in.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Sirennet said:
They show them on the mirrors in this video from Whelen, look about 13 seconds in.

Can you make the takedowns flash with the built in flasher or do you need to use an external flasher? Ugh this board costs me money all the time lol

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
If you are not using a Cantrol, I would recommend using the PFLASH to control them. It is a flash controller that has the steady burn override built in.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That has some nice punch & i like how it is linear. I bet it's times like this that SOS is hating whelen for banking even more on what started off with the ghost!

Sirennet said:

Drool!!!!!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
acala91 said:
I want to see these in a mirrorbeam housing.

You could just buy the Ion Mirror Beam housings from Whelen, then buy these in a surface mount version (since the Ion Mirror Beams are just SM Ions with the housings). Problem solved.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have a regular ION on the side of my brush guard and it works great. I wonder how the warning light in the V-Series compares to the regular ION? I think I might put the V-Series on my running board

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
acala91 said:
I want to see these in a mirrorbeam housing.

I'm building 4 Interceptor Sedans right now with them in the mirrorbeam housings. I'll post photos of the build when I'm done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.