Sireno R-12-R ?????

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Does anyone know what the siren-light on the fender of these trucks are? I was told by a friend that it is an Atomic Sireno siren???? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

5-0

wagon.jpg

old RFD Truck 3 1938ALF 85ft.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Ok folks, I have been told its a SIRENO R-12-R, now does anyone have any info on that model.

Thanks,

5-0

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Ryan,

Does it look like this one? I was told tonight that the R-12-R was like a Sireno version of a Q2A with a light on the front and back. The retired Fire Captain that told me this said he belived it was louder than a Q2A or B.

Thanks,

Barry

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
The siren is a Sireno model R-12-R based on the ED-12. It was one of Sireno's "Atomic Rocket" series.

This particular model is very rare. As to it's sound producing properties, you could place this siren , the Federal Q, the Federal C, B&M's S-8, and the STerling model 30 behind a wall and challenge a listener to identify them. The only difference between a Q2A or B is that the A did not have a brake.

John Dorgan

50theman said:
Ryan,

Does it look like this one? I was told tonight that the R-12-R was like a Sireno version of a Q2A with a light on the front and back. The retired Fire Captain that told me this said he belived it was louder than a Q2A or B.

Thanks,

Barry

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Sirenman said:
The siren is a Sireno model R-12-R based on the ED-12. It was one of Sireno's "Atomic Rocket" series.
This particular model is very rare. As to it's sound producing properties, you could place this siren , the Federal Q, the Federal C, B&M's S-8, and the STerling model 30 behind a wall and challenge a listener to identify them. The only difference between a Q2A or B is that the A did not have a brake.

John Dorgan

John,

Do you have any better photos of this siren or any catalog info?

Thanks,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.