Sireno search light, NOS

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I couldnt pass this one up. I know Ive seen photos of these mounted on vintage police cars. How often can you find one these, never used, thats still in the original box? Maybe someone will need it some day to complete their restoration. If not, I'll display it with the rest of the collection.s-l1600.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I'm fairly certain that someone WILL pay what you ask for it to complete part of their vintage cruiser restoration. That searchlight looks amazing!

You gonna try it out for kicks and giggles ;) ?

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
These searchlights are still in manufacture but probably with another type of control box.
The contemporary model number is 62040-4002.
They are made by Jabsco, now owned by Xylemflowcontrol.
As you probably know Jabsco Products owned Sireno from the early 70s to early 80s.

Michael

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
By the way, Dietz also sold this searchlight and they had a special mounting accessory that made it possible to mount the searchlight to the side of the hood.

I have photos from about 1981 of some cruisers of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, Louisiana that has this searchlight on top of the speaker housing on their TwinSonics.

Michael

Last edited:

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
By the way, Dietz also sold this searchlight and they had a special mounting accessory that made it possible to mount the searchlight to the side of the hood.

I have photos from about 1981 of some cruisers of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, Louisiana that has this searchlight on top of the speaker housing on their TwinSonics.

Michael
Mike could you post one of those pics? I know Ive seen photos of this style search light on a few cruisers. Thanks

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Back in the 70s - DuPage County SO used them. Was there a Pontiac squad that could not drill Unity spotlights into the pillar. I know they had these instead of a Unity a Spot light. There was a model that had a bulb on both ends of the can. One could be a colored bulb.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.