SL20 Dash Light from LED Outfitters

fireeqpsrv

Jul 20, 2011
Mississippi
I recently had gotten one of these with an order from LED Outfitters. I wanted to get a brief sumation of the product.

PRICE: list 199.99 , sales for 99.99.

I got this for free with an order I placed during the January sale. So I will not give an opinion on price. but 99.99 his not a bad price to begin with but free was great.

Packaging. light itself is wrapped in bubble wrap with the cord outside the wrap along with the windshield brackets. Simple effective nofrils brown packaging.

Light:

R/R

1. it is every light weight. complete housing is plastic and very thin.

2. nice length on the cord cna the on/off and flash pattern is on the cigerette plug.

3.the glare shielf can be removed which could allow for rear flat window mounting. also allows for the cord to be swapped for left or right placement.

4. the bracket itself is metal with the three suction cups which is standard on most light. simple yet functional.

Now this is not in anything that I own. It in now in a local volunteer fire chiefs vehicle. He had been using a gumball that my father gave him in the turn of the 80's. when he was in the old shop picking up a appratus from repair. He was visiting my father in his new F150 and my father handed it to him to replace the light he gave him in the 80's. The initial response from the chief was that he was impressed with the brightness. looked well made and for him it was a nobrainer for him to put in his truck.

I did not get a chance to take any pictures or video of the light before he left with the light. You can see pictures on the LED outfitters site.

I will give an update on the light next time I see the chief to let you know his opinion after a more extended use of the light.

Bobby

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please read the rules section and/or all stickies in this section and update this thread accordingly. Please pay special attention to format requirements. Thanks for taking the time to help make this section easier to use and more useful.

Format Guidelines

Users must disclose the circumstances under which they have come to review the item/product. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosure of compensation.

Must contain-Name, brand and model number of item

Must contain-A detailed description of the product including how it is used.

Must contain-A "rating" of the product

Should contain-Links to the manufacturer web site

Must contain-Pictures and/or videos required

Must be formatted according to information provided in/on reviews section

Posts in this section require mod approval to show up.

Please allow time for your post to be reviewed by staff.

Example

Title/Name of item
- Fake Light

Manufacturer - Marcson Tech

Model Number - 911-72

Link to manufacturer - http://www.elightbars.org/forums/example

How/why you got it - Made it up

Purpose/Description - This is a self contained 360 degree strobe. It is taller than.... blah blah blah, lots of details.

How you tested it/results - I mounted it on my invisible car in -40 and drove at 90mph for 16 hrs. It failed after the first 2 hrs.

Rating (1-10, 10 is best)

• Durability 2
  • Performance/Usefulness 1
  • Innovation 1
  • Appearance 4
  • Price 7
  • Other (shipping) 3

Total 3

Picture(s)/video(s)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.