SlimLighter Shields

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Anyone know where I can purchase SlimLighter shields. I have seen them before on the forum, but I don't remember where.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
i ade one once for my slimlighter... then i wasn;t using the light anyomre, took the shield off and somethign fell on it breaking it. They aren;t that hard to make

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
The easiest and cheapest way to make one, is go buy a Rubbermaid tub, preferably black and cut out a rectangular piece that is long and wide enough for your application and use 3m double side tape, to tape it onto the light.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I hope you are able to make a good sheild. I have seen some installers make sheilds, there is still some flashback. So far the light I have seen with no flashback is the tomar 200s. I have a duel avenger R/B and I still have flashback. Mabey you can put the slimlighter in the rear and get another light for the front.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
when i made mine, i positioned the light exactly how i wanted it and then made the shield to fit perfectly almost against the windshield. I gave a slight bit of room for a rubber piece to press up against the glass so i wouldnt get the tapping. That is why i never stepped up and said i would make a flashback shield for them because each car has a different pitch with the windows and depends on how you mount the light etc. Just to give you an idea, this is how mine looked almost done. I was tesing it out and all. I also had to customize it for the rvm being it has a power cord that goes to it..

[Broken External Image]:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/johnsom4_2007/fun stuff/light6.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/johnsom4_2007/fun stuff/light1.jpg

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
that was my amateur days of things lol the little lin 3 was ok.... you could see it lol. Im thinking of putting it back up with my intersection light i made in the middle where the lin 3 is and then a dual talon on either side and have a true custom interior bar lol

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Holy $H!T lol so i wasnt the only one with the idea. The only thing is mine was mounted to the shield because i was not opening the slimlighter to perm mount the ighthead to the slimlighter. Still the idea... hey whenen.... new version of the 3 head inner edge.... lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.