SOLD - Level IIIA Flex body armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
This is my spare body armor. It has been kept in a closet for most of its life. It is a Gall's Level IIIA Flex package with a flexible trauma pack. It is dark navy blue. It is a size 54R (regular). It has no wear spots or imperfections. It is dated 06/2008.

I ship to USA destinations only. Exception: I will not ship to New York State or Connecticut State.

Additionally, it is up to you to know the laws that directly apply to you regarding legal possession of body armor. 

ai174.photobucket.com_albums_w120_350v8s10_009_zps329df8a1.jpg

ai174.photobucket.com_albums_w120_350v8s10_010_zps8b563acf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Price dropped by $20. This armor needs a new home.

jsearles

Mar 11, 2011
Upstate NY
It is perfectly legal to possess and wear body armor in NYS, the exception to the law being that is it illegal to wear it while committing a violent crime... But since violent crimes are in and of themselves, illegal. I really don't understand why you would have an issue shipping to New York. That is is precisely the attitude that will some day lead to the end of our personal liberties by way of legislation. 

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
It is perfectly legal to possess and wear body armor in NYS, the exception to the law being that is it illegal to wear it while committing a violent crime... But since violent crimes are in and of themselves, illegal. I really don't understand why you would have an issue shipping to New York. That is is precisely the attitude that will some day lead to the end of our personal liberties by way of legislation. 
I am the last person to have an attitude that will lead to the end of personal liberties in any fashion. I am of ultra conservative political views. I devote considerable time, effort, and financial resources to the protection of our Constitutional guarantees. As a police chief for over 20 years and a 39 year LEO, I have championed the personal ownership and right to carry firearms (no permit required) concealed or open, by all Americans that are not prohibited by specific disqualifications (IE: such as felony convictions or mental illness).   

That said, I am 1560.9 miles away from NYC. I have no way to get any information about NY legislation, except what the news sources provide and what I can find online. Just from those sources, it is my opinion that the laws of the northeastern States are substantially more restrictive than those that lay west of the Mississippi River and east of California, of which I am more familiar. There is little I can do to help New Englanders with their liberal politicians politics, other than providing funding to the Second Ammendment Foundation and to the NRA (of which I am a Patron level member).      

I added NY because in my discovering that CT requires ONLY face to face sales of body armor*, that that my research showed that NY was in the process of considering adopting the same law**. Not wanting to find myself in a situation of defending myself from legal action in NY for MY violating a newly enacted statute (for which I could not possibly afford to defend myself). I have opted to ship only to LEOs in NY as a personal choice of mine, not to undermine your personal liberty.

Terry

PS #1: I am considering removing my listing completely or modifying it to apply sale to 1st responders only rather than being taken to task for my decision to ship to places of my own choosing or having it end up in criminal possession or possession by a prohibited person. I will make that decision soon.

PS #2: It is still available

as of 02/06/2015 at 12:52 AM CST

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap946.htm#Sec53-341b.htm

** http://www.safeguardarmor.com/articles/body-armor-us-laws/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.