SOLD Whelen MCP-01 and Dual 627 siren system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
I have a Whelen dual amp siren system for sale.   This system consists of a serial MCP-01 control head, two model 627 100/200 watt amps, and connecting cables.

This is without a doubt the best sounding siren setup I have ever used.   I have changed vehicles and just don't have the space to install it.   

Each amplifier can drive either one or two 100 watt speakers.   I only used one speaker per amp and it was LOUD.   I can't even imagine four speakers.

It is programmed for the following tones:  Wail/Wail, Wail/Yelp, Yelp/Yelp, Hi-Lo/Hi-Lo.   I am told you can change tones and operation if you have programming software, which I don't.

The amps are synchronized, for example when you select Wail/Wail, one starts then the second starts a split second behind it.   It's hard to describe but it sort of produces an "echo" effect that is simply awesome.  I used to get comments from people all the time - "what the HELL kind of siren are you using, I want one!"

Here is a link to video:  http://youtu.be/qk6VSJCWIgQ

What you see in these photos is what you get.   I don't have the mounting bracket or microphone for it.  It mounts using slots on each side of the control head, very easy to fabricate a bracket for it.

I will take $100.00 for the entire setup, shipped anywhere in the lower 48.   I will not split up the system.

Thanks for looking, be safe

Bob

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I have a Whelen dual amp siren system for sale.   This system consists of a serial MCP-01 control head, two model 627 100/200 watt amps, and connecting cables.

This is without a doubt the best sounding siren setup I have ever used.   I have changed vehicles and just don't have the space to install it.   

Each amplifier can drive either one or two 100 watt speakers.   I only used one speaker per amp and it was LOUD.   I can't even imagine four speakers.

It is programmed for the following tones:  Wail/Wail, Wail/Yelp, Yelp/Yelp, Hi-Lo/Hi-Lo.   I am told you can change tones and operation if you have programming software, which I don't.

The amps are synchronized, for example when you select Wail/Wail, one starts then the second starts a split second behind it.   It's hard to describe but it sort of produces an "echo" effect that is simply awesome.  I used to get comments from people all the time - "what the HELL kind of siren are you using, I want one!"

Here is a link to video:  http://youtu.be/qk6VSJCWIgQ

What you see in these photos is what you get.   I don't have the mounting bracket or microphone for it.  It mounts using slots on each side of the control head, very easy to fabricate a bracket for it.

I will take $100.00 for the entire setup, shipped anywhere in the lower 48.   I will not split up the system.

Thanks for looking, be safe

Bob
Wouldn't consider a trade for another siren would you? I have a Code 3 RLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.