Some thing is wrong here lets see if you can spot it

Station 3

Forum Guru
May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha yeah i dont know if he did it on purpose or what?

And those LED grill lights are actually truck lights with a flasher.

Station 3 said:
Hahaha yeah i dont know if he did it on purpose or what?

And those LED grill lights are actually truck lights with a flasher.

I was thinking that as well... LOL Maybe since he has so much frontal warning, he turned the bar sideway for better side warning... LOL

Maybe he was going with the streamline sleek approach. Do you think someone should comment on his YouTube video and let him know there is something wrong there? lol

I've seen a few people running minibars like that, may still have a photo of the local airport security pickup which had a Code 3 420 mounted sideways, along with WHITE par36 halogen flashers to the rear!

As for this truck, why would you mount the HAW in the headlights rather then the DRL/marker lights?

On top of all that, there's no such thing as an LED strobe - there IS such thing as an LED doing strobe-like patterns, though. Of course, the usual things like not capitalizing LED (it's an abbreviation for light emitting diode; as an abbreviation, it should be capitalized).

I've seen minibars mounted this way a # of times, especially on snow plows, for moving in and out of the roadway. Probably like someone already said, intersection warning.

Dan

Thank you. I hate hate HATE when someone refers to something as an "LED strobe" or call LEDs strobes.

Doug said:
On top of all that, there's no such thing as an LED strobe - there IS such thing as an LED doing strobe-like patterns, though. Of course, the usual things like not capitalizing LED (it's an abbreviation for light emitting diode; as an abbreviation, it should be capitalized).

ark_firefighter said:
Not every firefighter/police officer/emt knows the ins and outs of lights and sirens like we do.

Why bust his balls over a description.

Was not naming specific people, making a generalization. Thanks for asking.

rwo978 said:
Because, it's wrong. And, when you try and clarify with someone who doesn't know what it is, you get this shit storm.

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/showthread.php?8698-small-LED-amber-strobes

Use the correct terms people.

I understand your point here. But as an installer you have a knowledge of products that customers dont. so instead of making a big deal about it, why not just interpret what the customer is trying to say and present them with options.

There is a guy up here that runs SAR. He has an MX7000 "half-bar". It looks like what you would see mounted on the rear of an apparatus. He has the flat part tp the rear and the sloped part to the front. He added 2 sweeps to it for more front coverage. I will have to see if I can get a shot of it, as we are not on speaking terms.

Bigredinstalls said:
I understand your point here. But as an installer you have a knowledge of products that customers dont. so instead of making a big deal about it, why not just interpret what the customer is trying to say and present them with options.

I get it if you are a cop or firefighter or whatever and have never been around the stuff before, but when you obviously ordered the stuff and installed it yourself there is no excuse.

MPD 818 said:
I get it if you are a cop or firefighter or whatever and have never been around the stuff before, but when you obviously ordered the stuff and installed it yourself there is no excuse.

Touche. Point made

Yes, if you know the lingo, it's easier. But, in the thread above, the OP didn't know. We were trying to describe to him the difference. It was still obviously too difficult to grasp. Had the manuf correctly identified the item to begin with, would it still have been an issue?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381