SOS Intersector Question

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
I've read the installation guide multiple times, and it's still not entirely clear if this is possible. What I want to do is purchase one pair of the under-mirror Intersectors and one pair of the surface-mount Intersectors. I want to configure this similar to the CHP setup with the Raiders and Mirror-Beams. The surface-mount modules will be mounted to the side of my push bumper. When my truck is in drive, I want to have the driver's side Intersectors flashing simultaneously and alternate with the passenger-side modules. When my truck is in park, I want all four modules to go steady-burn.

Is this possible?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I don't think it would be possible on their own... You'd have to use a seperate flasher that has the capability to do 2 different modes... (like a Whelen ULF-44)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They do have a "cruise mode" input which would make this possible. Just a matter of putting power to the cruise wire when it is in park.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
FEVER said:
They do have a "cruise mode" input which would make this possible. Just a matter of putting power to the cruise wire when it is in park.

Ah yes, I forgot about that... But which mode is primary...? I would assume that "Warning" mode would be the primary and thus over-riding the "Cruise" mode...

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Cruise overrides. The red wire is main power and activates warning mode in the pre-selected pattern. Applying power to green wire while in flash mode activates cruise. I actually wish it was reversed, as that would make cruise mode useful for most installs, but in the OP's scenario, the Intersectors will work. They can also be set to steady burn as a warning pattern and slaved to a flasher. Be aware that steady burn mode is only full power for about 1-2 seconds and then drops to about 75% or less to avoid overheating.

I like OP's idea for park override..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.