SOS nERGY 400 Handheld

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Wasn't sure where to put this since it covers down across several areas but...

So anyone here with one of these, or up fitters, what are your thoughts on them?

I ask because I am thinking of getting rid of my 4200 w/ twin Storm sirens and going to one of these so I can conceal it more easily. My mind isn't made up, just giving it some thought and tossing around the idea.

And before the Feniex smashing crowd arrives, there is nothing wrong w/ my 4200 or the Storms. They see about 8 hours of use/week and I have had no issue out of them at all - AT ALL. They come on every time, control the items I tell them to and turn off as well. I am simply looking to slum the three down to one box and more the control head into the glove box until needed.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are decent units

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I would go with a Whelen HHS2200 instead because I like the selection of tones on it better and it's cheaper.

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

I am actually surprised more guys here have no experience with this item, or they don't want to speak up.

That said, not I need to find some individuals to buy my current sirens/controller so HH6 doesn't blow a seal when I drop more coin on my truck...lol...if I decide to go this route.

a91, I hear ya on the tones, I like the ones for the SOS controller equally well and like how they are separated by siren driver to increase the ease of use on the operator.

We will see...

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
I've installed the 385 handheld (precursor of the nergy handheld siren). The customer was thrilled with it.

purplegoat88

Jan 20, 2011
NJ
The 400 series is a fantastic unit. Great output and tone selection. If you do end up selling your 4200 let me know

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
I believe that SOS's handheld is better than the Whelen unit in nearly every regard. I've done dozens of each.

Whelen does have better label variety, but a miserable way of attaching them.

Prices should be very comparable, so shop around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.