SOS Pinnacle Interior flasher

needforspeed

May 23, 2010
Massachusetts
Ok guys, mor questions.

Got my Pinnacle interior bar today, and man this thing is sweet.

I'm wondering if i can By-pass the flasher and connect directly to a ULF-44 so that my whole car is in sync the way i want it. Sirennet shows the flasher board inside, but i'm not sure if the board is just a 12v flasher or if it also regulates current to each head.

Does anyone know, or know how i might check without burning up a lighthead?

Bill

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Was Sound Off's technical support department not able to help you? You did try just calling them, right?

If I were going to check the voltage output from the flasher (and couldn't just call SOS up for some reason) I would use a multi-meter or other such device to measure it at the connection point to the lighthead. This assumes that you are familiar with multi-meter use and I don't know if that's the case.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
needforspeed said:
I will call them tomorrow. Didn't think they would be receptive to that kind of warranty voiding questioning....but it is worth a shot.

N4S...

I think that if you explain what you're trying to do that they will help you. They do not want to see you fry their product any more than you do. I think they might tell you it will void the warranty but they have always been very straight with me when I call and ask non-standard questions. In fact, last month a rep talked me through tearing apart one of their power supplies that had was blowing it's fuse. I found the spot where the case was shorting to the board and fixed it while we were on the phone. I suspect almost any other manufacturer would have just said send it back. If you still need help after speaking to them, shoot me a PM with your # and I'll give you a shout. I don't have one on hand to check but could talk you through checking the voltage.

needforspeed

May 23, 2010
Massachusetts
Spoke to SOS today and they were very helpfull. They did say that the flasher in the pinnacle interior actually controls/reduces the voltage/amperage and and by-passing it with a 12v flasher would fry the heads.

Thanks for all the input, question answered.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.