Sound off Ghost Light Pattern Question

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
Alright, not feeling very intelligent at this time since I cannot figure this out. How do I make a red/red ghost (eghst1r) light the whole light head instead of using split patterns. I bought 2 of these so that I can put them in my grille but I'm not satisfied with a split light head pattern. Help me out here Sound Off gurus

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
If its anything like the Sound off Universal LAW's it'll be a PITA.. ;)

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/warnamber ... 8xx%29.pdf

PATTERN SELECTION
1. Disconnect WHITE wire from any connections if applicable.

2. Turn GHOST ON.

3. Momentarily touching and removing the WHITE wire(s) to ground

will advance the GHOST to the next flash pattern. Touching and

removing the White wire for more than a few seconds will allow you

to change the GHOST to the previous pattern. See flash pattern

table. Continuing to touch and remove the WHITE wire(s) to

ground will allow you to scroll through the pattern list. After pattern

#33 is reached the list will start over again at pattern #1.
You also may need to bugger around with the ID pattern. Which is even more confusing. See the link above. Hope this helps :)

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks for the quick reply but I'm still lost. What you posted, or how I understand it, is the flash pattern selection. I can't for the life of me, figure out how to make the entire lighthead light up instead of the split patterns.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I would hazard a guess you would need to select a different ID mode.. My SOS Universal LAW's were stuck on the "split pattern" until I changed the ID mode. (IIRC, two and four is NON split patterns..?)

Double checked against the universal LAW- try ID patterns two and four for your lights. one and three is split (dual color) flash patterns.

And yes, ID pattern is separate from flash pattern.

Peter F

May 21, 2010
Nova Scotia , Canada
You have to change the "ID" of the light

You need to hook up the black hold the white to red and then power it up . The light will flash 1,2,3 or 4 times you need to set one light on ID 2 and one light on ID 4 .This will light the whole head. You then remove the white wire . shut of power and re power it up you then touch the white to ground to switch the pattern. you have to set the patterns you want on each head and then power the red, ground the black and hook both whites together .

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I scratched my head for a good 20 minutes trying to figure that darn ID pattern select thing as well. :p :lol:

tarheel3559

May 23, 2010
North Carolina
Just so everyone know's Peter's simplified directions worked great. The lights are switched to different IDs, changed the flash pattern to something I think I'll like and I installed them last night. All I have left now is to wire 'em up and finish the rest of the vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.