Sound off intersector

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Well I just pulled the intersector off of my mirror for an inspection, and this is what I found

ai737.photobucket.com_albums_xx13_theroofable_photo_24.jpg

The white wire is cut coming out of the light head. Not sure what happened to it. The question is, what is this for, it doesnt really make sense to have four wires going to the flasher. It still works fine and syncs, so the question is what is this wire for? I dont want to damage it by running it with the broken wire.

vff0312

Dec 14, 2011
texas
That is the pattern select/sync wire. If it is cut then it shouldn't be synced? Is it completely cut off or just exposed?

theroofable said:
Well I just pulled the intersector off of my mirror for an inspection, and this is what I found
ai737.photobucket.com_albums_xx13_theroofable_photo_24.jpg

The white wire is cut coming out of the light head. Not sure what happened to it. The question is, what is this for, it doesnt really make sense to have four wires going to the flasher. It still works fine and syncs, so the question is what is this wire for? I dont want to damage it by running it with the broken wire.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
vff0312 said:
That is the pattern select/sync wire. If it is cut then it shouldn't be synced? Is it completely cut off or just exposed?

NO it isn't! All the wires coming out of the lighthead are for driving the LED's. I think you are forgetting that there is an external flasher module.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah these go about 6-12 inches to the flasher. I glad it still works, not sure why there are 4 wires going to the flasher that has four going out of it. One of those head scratches. You pay 140 bucks for a light with 20 gauge wires coming out that are apparently pretty fragile. :confused:

To reply to you, yes, it is completely cut.

vff0312

Dec 14, 2011
texas
SafetyLighting said:
NO it isn't! All the wires coming out of the lighthead are for driving the LED's. I think you are forgetting that there is an external flasher module.

:duh: That part just skipped my mind

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
theroofable said:
Going into the flasher, im not sure why the sync would go to the actual light head. That's why i don't think its the sync. Plus, it syncs normally.

Right, the four wires that go from the flasher to the lighthead are to drive the LED's. All the electronic functions, such as pattern and sync are in the flasher module which then sends power to the lighthead. So if you power up the system right now, it's likely that a portion or all of the lighthead will not work.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I sent soundoff an email, ill see where that gets me. If they wont do anything, ill try and repair the wire myself. If everything works normally, I wont worry about it. The problem is that the wire is cut so close to the lighthead, that I may not be able to repair it myself.

On second note, it looks like the screws may open up the cover on the unit, anyone ever do that? I may be able to attach a whole new lead to it.

Just went out and retested it. It appears each wire controls 3 leds, and one does the ground. Looks like the light output in the back side of the unit is less than the other side from the rear, so my guess is that. They have a five year warranty so I should be good, just dont want to only have one side running, plus i will have to take apart the door panel again. sigh

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.