Sound Off Signal Nline "Runner" Light

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I've never liked the idea of these really... Too low to be very effective in my opinion... But its nice to see more companies doing it...

Nov 7, 2011
New England
TritonBoulder47 said:
I've never liked the idea of these really... Too low to be very effective in my opinion... But its nice to see more companies doing it...

It is good to see, however, that these options are one-by-one stealing the market from HG2's ineffective gen 1 offerings.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Obviously I'm a big soundoff fan but I'm going to reserve judgement on these until I see them in person and I will not be ordering one just to play with based upon the looks. I'd like to see better pictures and know what LED optic is being used (if any).

I'm a little skeptical as these only have a three year warranty. I also don't like the fact that they don't have traffic patterns and are limited to what looks like two channel patterns.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Shawn L said:
that web page seems to be light on the info..... I mean they don't seem to really want to sell them, the photos are 98% worthless

I agree. I was expecting some better shots to see the depth and lightheads themselves. As others have stated, I am not sold on "runners" either as most vehicles are too low.

However, I have always wanted to put some on the top sides of an ambulance. Or even mid body might look alright.
:undecided:

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I like Sound Off stuff but these look disappointing.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Looks like they stole autozone's idea of tail gate leds and 're named it soundoff

If these are 5mm I won't pay more than $50 each

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
fireman616wfd said:

They look too thin to be something really bright...they don't use any wording indicating that they utilize super-LED/GenIII/next-gen LEDs, so I'm considering that this might be the equivalent of having an exterior-mounted genI phantom lightbar (which is pretty much worthless, except at nightime when it's pitch black out & there are no street lights on the road)...a solid TIR, IMO, requires a little more space for the internal reflector, which i didn't see here, so it looks like these won't catch much attention (even if they did use a GenIII LED)

I can honestly say that this is one of the 1st times I may be disappointed with a new product release from SOS, considering that they (IMHO) have been one of the top 3 innovators in the industry for the past few yrs

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I don't have an exact date, but they have been shooting a lot of new videos lately and cranking them through production; so I hope it's soon.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
TritonBoulder47 said:
That video looks a lot more impressive than the pics from SoundOffs website...

I agree. I have running boards and from the looks of the way it mounts I think it would have to go underneath my running board. I wonder if it could take the abuse being down there? It looks like it might be too wide to go on top? I wonder if it can be connected to an external flasher?

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I like that you guys find the video before I'm even told it's been posted!

I hope this quiets some of those that were hating on it without ever seeing it... you know who you are. :nono:

On a side note, what do you think of the new video format?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Sirennet said:
I like that you guys find the video before I'm even told it's been posted!

I hope this quiets some of those that were hating on it without ever seeing it... you know who you are. :nono:

On a side note, what do you think of the new video format?

We are just good like that... Haha

On your side note, it was ok I suppose. Something different!

It was hard to tell on the video but what kinda light output do bring? Looked better than HG2's but its hard to tell in studio through a camera.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I actually like them. I see potential in them if they were able to sell it in a single bar. I have a F150 and i think it would be a good stealth light placed under the tailgate like the picture.

912d1368129809-f150-recon-tail-gate-led-light-bar-installed-f150-recon-tailgate-light-bar.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It's too thick to put there

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
cbpdogboy said:
they are only .75" high according to specs...they should fit there...

He keeps saying thick but he means depth... they are .75" high and something like 3" DEEP... under a running board that wouldn't be an issue as the runningboard is way wider than that but it likely wouldn't fit under the tailgate due to depth.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
minig0d said:
He keeps saying thick but he means depth... they are .75" high and something like 3" DEEP... under a running board that wouldn't be an issue as the runningboard is way wider than that but it likely wouldn't fit under the tailgate due to depth.

It's deep enough to be a running board.

purplegoat88

Jan 20, 2011
NJ
I have out these on an interceptor utility. They install REALLY easily and fit great on them. They are bright but not overwhelming but it works. I'll post a video shortly

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are about the same as the HG2... but they have a much better housing than the HG2.

The HG2 has the better warranty, but the SOS has the better flash patterns so its really a toss up.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
purplegoat88 said:
I have out these on an interceptor utility. They install REALLY easily and fit great on them. They are bright but not overwhelming but it works. I'll post a video shortly

Waiting on that video!! haha

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
FEVER said:
They are about the same as the HG2... but they have a much better housing than the HG2.

The HG2 has the better warranty, but the SOS has the better flash patterns so its really a toss up.

I was wondering which was brighter in the day... the HG2 or the SOS Nline leds.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
fireman616wfd said:
I was wondering which was brighter in the day... the HG2 or the SOS Nline leds.

Neither. There was no difference in my opinion

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
I just have to say...I don't get the point of any of the low-mounted side light solutions, particularly on fully-marked, fully lit vehicles. A waste, no matter who makes them. They are a solution looking for a problem, tacky, and excessive. To each his own, but no thanks here. I can think of a ton of stuff I would rather see SOS focus on. Let HG2 corner that market.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Reflective tape outlining the car can help side visiblity (I think it's a better solution), but I see the purpose of side lights mounted there.

They should never replace mid or high mounted lights. Mid mounted lights in rear windows seem to have space or prisoner limitations which leads to vertically mounted lights that are not effective as they could be.

In my opinion, from the side, the limited foot print of the linear lightbar doesn't do a satisfactory job of communicating the vehicle is turned sideways.

Often the first lights I see are those that are placed where I wouldn't expect to see flashing lights (for example fog lights, tail lights, or on mirrors). Or lights that are not located near other constant on lights like the headlights for example.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I like them, not as primary but as I like lights.. I think they are a good secondary warning device for the sides and that's why I am about to install a pair on my slicktop. I think they look awesome on a slicktop unit!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
purplegoat88 said:

any luck with the video yet?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.