SoundOff Fusion Lite Surface mount.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Doesn't look like a bad idea, but it won't be any better than a SM Cannon or Vertex. Plus when Feniex gets the Apollo exterior mountable, this will be useless.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Just received one 20 minutes ago. They pack quite a punch in a small package with almost 180 degrees of horizontal dispersion. I got one to see if they would be a viable option on my rocker panels, and my only concern is that they have very little light above and below the hotspot. Once it stops snowing here I will get a better chance to get out and look at it.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
andrewsim said:
Just received one 20 minutes ago. They pack quite a punch in a small package with almost 180 degrees of horizontal dispersion. I got one to see if they would be a viable option on my rocker panels, and my only concern is that they have very little light above and below the hotspot. Once it stops snowing here I will get a better chance to get out and look at it.

How many leds does it have?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I'm hearing Sound Off could be releasing these in a "side runner" light stick like the HG2's. it will be these style lights which would be super nice with the 180* light output off-axis. We shall see And see how it looks.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
fireman616wfd said:
I'm hearing Sound Off could be releasing these in a "side runner" light stick like the HG2's. it will be these style lights which would be super nice with the 180* light output off-axis. We shall see And see how it looks.

Light sticks are out, I am am working on getting a pair. According to Soundoff the price point for a pair is almost half of the HG2.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
SlickTop Solutions said:
Light sticks are out, I am am working on getting a pair. According to Soundoff the price point for a pair is almost half of the HG2.

Man I was dead on in my timing wasn't I? Haha

But yes your right, I already have a pair ordered. I think a PAIR in the 36" set is around $310-$330 maybe.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
fireman616wfd said:
Man I was dead on in my timing wasn't I? Haha

But yes your right, I already have a pair ordered. I think a PAIR in the 36" set is around $310-$330 maybe.

Thats a darn good price- hopefully the light output is awesome as well.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I don't think this looks like anything I "gotta have." It looks like a linear whelen OS that will be used for marker/indicator lights or (if used for running boards) require a dozen per side. On the other hand, put these in their new nLINE & I will be a buyer

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
These lights are WAY too bright for use as a marker light. For their size and price they are very impressive. They do not have a cruise function, as the paperwork says, I checked with SOS Tech Support on that.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
andrewsim said:
These lights are WAY too bright for use as a marker light. For their size and price they are very impressive. They do not have a cruise function, as the paperwork says, I checked with SOS Tech Support on that.

Does the light have *any* sort of steady burn?

I want to know if it can be used with an external flasher, and if it uses a bright then dim, or constant dim steady burn.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
So I finally decided to buy a set for myself. Here's a quick review of an amber Soundoff Fusion Lite Surface mount light. There is no video because I don't have a white wall to show you it, and the camera does not accurately reflect the flash patterns.

--

Good news;

• There's proper steady burn! The light consumes .170mA at 12.5v. Steady burn is done at .170mA and remains at this level of power use continuously.

• The steady burn is not instantaneous. There's a slight delay of less then a quarter second. I don't have my Whelen ULF44 flasher to test the light, but I don't believe this light would work well with fast flash patterns. It would suitable for slower flash patterns. If I find my ULF44 flasher I will test it.

• After running the light in steady for 20 minutes at 77F room temperature, there was no heat felt on the back.

• The unit is entirely plastic, or contains no magnetic metals composing a heatsink. The front is a composite plastic, and the rear is covered with a non removable foam gasket.

• Although it runs steady burn nice and bright, bright is really a subjective term here.

• The light uses a single led behind their fusion optic. The led does not appear to be the traditional OSRAM led that is seen in the Pinnacle mini lightbar with fusion optics. That being said, SoundOff should have stuck 1 more led in there to boost intensity and increased the price of this unit accordingly. The form factor would have made for a great surface mount light.

• It's as bright as single led can be. It's not suitable for primary warning, but depending on color and placement, might be ok for secondary warning. It's STILL a very bright light for what it is.
  • The light provides a nice and wide 170 degree pattern of coverage with uniform intensity throughout the entire width. The beam patterns height profile is similar to the Whelen TIR3. There is some vertical light scatter, but it is minimal. This is strictly a horizontal pattern light.

Bad news;

• The shade of amber is very light in color. It's similar to what Whelen uses for Amber vertexes. It's very close to "warm white". I don't like it.

• It's Made in China.
--

Pictures;

ai.imgur.com_5onU82l.jpg

ai.imgur.com_9PsoIDR.jpg

ai.imgur.com_bI6BIPT.jpg

ai.imgur.com_LfVtP2w.jpg

ai.imgur.com_fHZMKow.jpg

ai.imgur.com_vt6nsRs.jpg

--

High resolution;

http://imgur.com/XNjzA8Q

http://imgur.com/8FkMOiR

http://imgur.com/iRjFP0S

http://imgur.com/FPbOeEF

http://imgur.com/ZGBVZJq

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i just got a bunch of these in.. more of a marker light intensity than anything else... to me this would be the best candidate for those tow truck drivers and tractor trailer drivers that like the have marker lights down the side of the rig every few inches.  Give it better off axis but not come close to blinding anyone

Reactions: Eric1249 and rwo978

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.