Soundoff Mini Pinnacle versus 911EP Millennium

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
Im thinking of upgrading my roof light on my 1999 GMC Yukon, I am debating between the mini pinnacle or a full size millennium. The millennium is used on Craigslist for a decent price or I would buy a pinnacle new. I am looking for the pros and cons of each light, any help or input is greatly appreciated.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Looking at the $300 one in Kentwood?

The Pinnacle is your best bet. Millenniums aren't bright at all, Im betting the mini Pinnacle is brighter than a fullsize Millennium. The Pinnacle will be more reliable too. Millenniums are outdated 0.5w technology, and have a rather high failure rate: the boards inside corrode, the seals on the modules leak, modules dim and die, CID fails cause the light to half work... They are my favorite LED bar, I have 3 of them, but for primary warning, you wont want it. I only have one on a vehicle, its all amber for plowing snow. I don't run emergency calls or anything, so its bright enough for me. But I wouldn't expect traffic to move for it.

That said, Millenniums are awesome lightbars! Here is a link to My truck and Millennium: http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/2001-chevy-2500hd-ccsb-millennium-millennium-discussion-29763/

Also, for what its worth, I have never paid more than $250 shipped for a Millennium - For $300+ you might as well get a used Whelen Liberty or Patriot, or the like. Good luck with the decision! :thumbsup:

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
7d9_z28 said:
Looking at the $300 one in Kentwood?

The Pinnacle is your best bet. Millenniums aren't bright at all, Im betting the mini Pinnacle is brighter than a fullsize Millennium. The Pinnacle will be more reliable too. Millenniums are outdated 0.5w technology, and have a rather high failure rate: the boards inside corrode, the seals on the modules leak, modules dim and die, CID fails cause the light to half work... They are my favorite LED bar, I have 3 of them, but for primary warning, you wont want it. I only have one on a vehicle, its all amber for plowing snow. I don't run emergency calls or anything, so its bright enough for me. But I wouldn't expect traffic to move for it.

That said, Millenniums are awesome lightbars! Here is a link to My truck and Millennium: http://elightbars.org/forums/f34/2001-chevy-2500hd-ccsb-millennium-millennium-discussion-29763/

Also, for what its worth, I have never paid more than $250 shipped for a Millennium - For $300+ you might as well get a used Whelen Liberty or Patriot, or the like. Good luck with the decision! :thumbsup:

Yes I was looking at the one in Kentwood, Thanks for the input, I wasnt too familar with that brand or style of lightbar. Im now thinking the pinnacle is my best bet. I dont want to get something outdated that may cause me problems down the road.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Like I said, they are cool bars, 911ep had great patterns available. But the Millennium was the FIRST LED lightbar out there, they were around from about 99,00 to 2005 IIRC. It was replaced with the Galaxy, which was even more prone to failure. Everything else 911ep made is pretty decent.

You will be happy with the mini Pinnacle, My dad ran one on his 99 Yukon Denali, it was a bright little sucker! Plus, if you are buying one new, you have a warranty!

Had you ever contacted the owner of the Millennium? I tried a couple times with no response.

IF you do Decide on the Millennium, I have found a couple good sources for parts through ELB (actually the reason I joined the site was to buy a Millennium, ended up buying two!)

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
7d9_z28 said:
Like I said, they are cool bars, 911ep had great patterns available. But the Millennium was the FIRST LED lightbar out there, they were around from about 99,00 to 2005 IIRC. It was replaced with the Galaxy, which was even more prone to failure. Everything else 911ep made is pretty decent.

You will be happy with the mini Pinnacle, My dad ran one on his 99 Yukon Denali, it was a bright little sucker! Plus, if you are buying one new, you have a warranty!

Had you ever contacted the owner of the Millennium? I tried a couple times with no response.

IF you do Decide on the Millennium, I have found a couple good sources for parts through ELB (actually the reason I joined the site was to buy a Millennium, ended up buying two!)

No I have not attempted to contact him, I was going to wait until I decided on which one I wanted. I think im going to go with the mini pinnacle. Thanks for all you input.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
I have sold and installed dozens of the mini pinnacle. I have not had anybody be unhappy with the light output.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Zapp Brannigan said:
Link to the Millennium on CL?

Ill FB it to you. Its about 45 minutes from me

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.