SoundOff Nergy Controller/ Whelen Light Bar

AReynolds91

Apr 2, 2022
Ohio
I'm hoping someone can help me, as I can't find an answer anywhere.

Currently working with a vehicle using a SoundOff Signal controller with a Break out box and a Whelen light bar. I'm not so much looking to change flash patterns and get all fancy just yet, I just need to up the brightness of the scene and takedown light functions. Currently these lights are really dim, (Id have better lighting holding my flashlight out the window).

Will the SoundOff programing software to modify the breakout box programing work with the Whelen bar, or are we SOL as far as making changes?

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
No bar allows you to change the intensity of takedowns.

It would help however to tell us what bar you have. Are the takedowns halogen or LED? Although if a flashlight would outshine them, Id wager on a Whelen Liberty with the 27 watt 500 series halogen takedowns.

IF they are halogen, they can easily (and relatively cheaply) be swapped to LED

Reactions: Tony P

AReynolds91

Apr 2, 2022
Ohio
The light bar is all LED. Id have to look to find a model on it, which I will do tonight. If I had to guess just by looking at a stock photo on Whelen's website that its a Legacy light bar.

I thought I had seen somewhere were you can up the duty cycle of the individual light to change the brightness, although, If Im here asking for help, Im likely wrong lol.

JNST140

Jul 15, 2021
SC, United States
The light bar is all LED. Id have to look to find a model on it, which I will do tonight. If I had to guess just by looking at a stock photo on Whelen's website that its a Legacy light bar.

I thought I had seen somewhere were you can up the duty cycle of the individual light to change the brightness, although, If Im here asking for help, Im likely wrong lol.

You can in the SOS Config software, however it won't let you for any light head (or function). If you were to have the entire bar go lets say red you could change the intensity of those, but once you select the function for Takedown lights, it'll override all intensity settings

Reactions: Dave F

AReynolds91

Apr 2, 2022
Ohio
So, Ive downloaded the software, and made sure the drivers were up to date, however the program wont recognize the BOB.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Something for you to consider

LED takedowns put off a substantial amount of heat, you can take note any TD/ALLEY head has some form of heat dispersion method beit heat fins, the mounts disperse heat etc

I say this because were you somehow able to increase their intensity, you’d also be increasing their heat output, and the head would fail/burn itself up sooner rather than later

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.