Soundoff vs Whelen

Kstrack

May 28, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hello All,

We are looking at a new Tahoe for a Fire Chief's buggy and most likely going with an interior lightbar. My question - Would you buy a Sound Off Pinnacle or a Whelen Inner Edge? Also 1 piece or 2 piece lightbar? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for your help.

Kyle

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Both bars have their positives and negatives just like anything else. I personally prefer the Pinnacle as that's what I have in my vehicle. The "brightness" factor is comparable to an Inner Edge if you were to compare the two. However, "brightness" is a relative term and depends on the individual. The Pinnacle is super thin, not bulky at all, I have the one piece and can see stop lights, etc. with no problem whatsoever and this is in a 2007 Ford Taurus that sits way lower to the ground that a Tahoe. Just some food for thought for you.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I'm a big fan of whelen. I just feel like they are a bit brighter than the soundoff interior lightbars. If you get the newer inner-edge with the see through mirrored shroud. Its bright from all angles and people move. I've always had good luck with whelen. If you want pics I can send some to you. Go for the split model.

Kstrack

May 28, 2010
Rochester, NY
NFD-102 said:
I'm a big fan of whelen. I just feel like they are a bit brighter than the soundoff interior lightbars. If you get the newer inner-edge with the see through mirrored shroud. Its bright from all angles and people move. I've always had good luck with whelen. If you want pics I can send some to you. Go for the split model.

If you can send some pictures, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
I don't have experience with the Whelen or SoundOff product interior lightbars. All the other soundoff products I've used have been superb, however.

I did mount my FedSig ILS in my new Tahoe this week. The fit is excellent!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I have ALWAYS been a whelen guy; my whole POV setup = 100% whelen. I also love SOS products. HOWEVER, I really do think that the fedsig ILS is a better interior lightbar than the inner edge or pinnacle interior

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
pdk9 said:
I have ALWAYS been a whelen guy; my whole POV setup = 100% whelen. I also love SOS products. HOWEVER, I really do think that the fedsig ILS is a better interior lightbar than the inner edge or pinnacle interior
I agree with this statement 110% about the the ILS. I would have gone with an ILS but was afraid it wouldn't fit and would be too bulky and diminish my FOV too much. The ILS would have been my go-to bar and still is...when I get a vehicle that will accommodate one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.