Soundoffs predator line

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
The predator line which includes exterior mount, surface mount, & windshield lights are advertised as Gen3 but are they made with .5 watt or 1 watt LEDs?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
1 watt i believe. The county sheriff cars here have two mounted on their decks and they washout their vista's!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Whats web site, or is it on sound off's website?

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
I could care less what wattage they are those things are bright. You can put them up with any of the other big competors and IMO have the same amount of head on as a TIR3 and amazing off axis. I love the Predators just not a fan of how big and bulky they are.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm not sure but I think there are two "major" different predator models- the original one that came out years ago (and was crap from what I heard) and their newer model thats out now.. which I keep hearing good things about.

Where is a SOS dealer, they should be able to inform us better..

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I've had one of the newer predator dash lights mounted about the rear view mirror before and I can tell you they are pretty bright. They use the TIR optics instead of the LIN optics like whelen and FS.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
The difference in the P1 and P2 is the amount of LEDs in the head. Predator 1s are 6 and Predator 2s are 8. Both are very impressive.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
Looks like this question will remain unanswered. SOS won't tell anyone not even their dealers which is probably why none have commented.

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
I've had both the P1 and have a pair of P2's that I'm selling. Both are bright, but the P2 are insanely bright.

For a while they advertised as "Gen 4", but they are a Gen 3 with a magnifying lens over to expand and distribute them out.

If I recall correctly the P1's I had were 6 module with a reflector, and the P2 I'm looking at right now is 8

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
If you're questioning whether or not Sound Off is better than a knock-off, then you don't know Sound Off.

I started buying SOI because the variation in the shade of their blue was less than that of Whelen, and I've been buying SOI since because their products keep getting better and better.

Both the Predator I and Predator II lines are quality lights and always have been. I own or have owned Predator grille lights, a Predator dual dash light, a Predator quad light, Predator dual surface mount lights, and I'm now running two dual Predator II surface mount lights in my grille. I've never had a problem with any of them, and they've all been nice and bright. I got rid of my Talon and replaced it with the dual Predator dash light I liked it so much (don't get me wrong, I'm die-hard Whelen too).

If you want a cheap piece of crap, buy the knock off. You'll probably get about 10 minutes of use out of it. If you want a quality product that will last a long time, is bright as any other major brand, has some of the most bitchin' flash patterns on the market and I stand behind 100% (I'm a customer, not a dealer), then buy Sound Off.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Sound Off Signal products are top shelf. If you could talk to their engineers, it would be a revelation. P2 line is 1watt LEDs, IIRC, unless they've gone higher. Not sure on P1. I have both here and the P1s are plenty bright. Up close, the difference is minimal between them, IMO. The P2 is far better on it's off-axis viewing angle, actually approaching 90 degrees. What difference does the LED wattage make if the end product is satisfactory, well-warranted, and suitable for its use? I would be happy with a completely SOS-lit patrol car...wait, that's what I have.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
The company I work for has recently become a SOS distributor & we are in talks with a small department about doing an all SOS patrol car. Some of the unmarked units were interested in the dual Predator windshield lights & I was just wanting to make sure they where better than they looked.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.