Speaking of Mars bars..

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I like those early Spectra mini light bars with the Aurora Borealis style bases. :D

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Very cool. I bet that weighs a ton!

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I'll give you $50 for it, LOL :lol:

That is sweet looking, did not know that they made one like that. Was this a Craigslist find or local FD retiring a truck?

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Wailer said:
I like those early Spectra mini light bars with the Aurora Borealis style bases. :D

These short bars was never called Spectra. They where before the Spectrasystem.

The Spectrasystem has the streamlined base.

The model was called Model 600 and when delivered in this way they where called Combo.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Respondcode3 said:
That was some wheeling and dealing done with a local fire collector who got it off a 1978 chevy impala wagon.

I hope that it had a monster motor, which in 78 was unlikely, or else it would have made an already slow car a whole lot slower. I love those things, but from an aerodynamic standpoint, you might as well chain and drag a bunch of anvils behind the car.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
cmb56 said:
These short bars was never called Spectra. They where before the Spectrasystem. The Spectrasystem has the streamlined base. The model was called Model 600 and when delivered in this way they where called Combo.

I stand corrected. I like the 600 series mini bars better than the Spectras.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
:shock:

2ADAM46

May 30, 2010
Cut-n-Shoot
I'd say that is in running for "find of the year"? Definitely should be photo'd one more time (little blurry) and post it in the vintage showcase thread!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.