Speedturtle Engineering - Flasher for Ford and Dodge Ram

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
First - I have no affiliation to them, but I bought their product and am very happy with it.  http://speedturtleengineering.com sells a flasher that connects to the OBD plug under your Ford or Dodge Ram and it will wig wag flash the turn signals on the vehicle.  The vehicle has to be running for the OBD to work, but other than that you plug it in and then put the signal wire to a 12v switch or buy the one that includes the switch and you're in business.   I installed in just a few minutes another unit on the same truck another guy at the firehouse and he too is impressed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dmathieu

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I did reach out to the guy about a group purchase discount and he is willing to do that

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like it.  I just wish it didn't scroll through different patterns.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I'd be interested, but I'd like how it would affect my factory HID's on my truck.  The rest of my vehicle lighting is halogen.

The truck in the second video appears to have projectors (for HIDs). So long as it doesn't try to flash the headlights, I doubt there will be any issue.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Surprisingly they are not hid. Normal halogens but with projector beams. Their website points out which model years flash the headlights vs those that don't. My truck is a 15 and it does not flash them.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
Surprisingly they are not hid. Normal halogens but with projector beams. Their website points out which model years flash the headlights vs those that don't. My truck is a 15 and it does not flash them.

Those are not HID headlights?awww.stage3motorsports.com_assets_images_Spec_20Page_20Images_ae81f96d15d61393cb8949017448b750.jpg

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
They are projectors but a lot of the newer ford's still use halogen bulbs in them

Either way they shouldn't be flashed because it will wear out the high beam flapper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.