Spinal board ID

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Anyone know how where or how to put our dept name and address on our spinal boards?? Sharpies don't last long. We have a few old ones with the name stamped but nobody knows where to get them stamped.image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
We have done permanent marker on a area that doesn't get any wear. We marked ours on the bottom between the rails so nothing really ever touches it so it lasts.

MRFD715

Apr 23, 2013
Iowa
We have 2 methods. We use Sharpies and just redo the writing every so often and we also apply our departments logo. We had the sign shop that does all of our lettering, shirts, jackets, etc. make us some weatherproof decals with our logo, they are about 6"x6". They were very reasonably priced and they seem to be holding up very well so far, have had them on for a couple of years. We also put them on our SCBA tanks and larger loose equipment that they would fit on.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
No matter what you do, the hospital will still give them to some other department.
View attachment 159793

You arent kidding! I called up the area ER's looking for some of our backboards and some of them invited me to grab ones that havent been picked up by their FD's. I told them I wouldnt feel right taking another departments equipment and I know my Chief wouldnt approve. They responded, "Why? Those departments dont seem to want them either."

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Have them airbrushed to look like they have blood and brain matter on them, tag them with a biohazard sticker, and they'll be there waiting for you when you return. Or you could get a branding iron made, heat it up and make the imprint in the board, then paint it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.