Split Color Vertex - Separate Control?

pyro29

Apr 12, 2016
Eastern CT
I'm looking to have separate control over individual colors on a split color Vertex. Obviously the factory cable from the open end to the driver is the standard four (4) wire cable.

Does anyone have any experience with gaining separate control over the two different colors in these units? My guess is that there will be a four (4) wire cable between the driver and the lamp head which would allow one color to be taken off the driver and powered through a different means, but, again, this is only a guess. Assuming I am correct, does anyone know of any problems or issues in removing one color control from the driver? What voltage does this head want to see, if run without a driver? I did try one with a different manufacturers flasher module and it seemed that a full 12 volts was a little too much.

Thank you for your assistance.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
I remember reading not to remove the whelen flasher and power the vertex directly as it will fry it. Don't think anyone has tried powering each side separately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.