Split Patterns - BAD - Im a beliver!

Dragon

May 27, 2010
Mississippi
After reading and discussing in the below thread I decided to change my back deck light patterns.

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/showthread.php?8530-Good-lights-ruined-by-split-flash

My deck lights were set with the built in flasher alternating the LINs (inside) and the TIRs (outside) with the tag light LX4s set to a built in flasher pattern. While it is not a vertical(stacked) split issue like found in a 400 series 6 over 6 for example, it is pretty much the same issue but on a vertical plain.

So I added a strobe pattern led flasher set to random and paired the left and right heads together and tied in the tag lights.

BIG difference on the light output. See for yourself.

rangerbob said:
Looks much better but I'm pretty sure the Feds prohibit the CHMSL from flashing. It's supposed to be for braking only.

Yup. I thought there is/was a diode in the brake/back-up flasher to exclude the CHMSL from flashing...

Personally, I like either the in/out or inter-alternation (Whelen calls it checkerboard, 1&3, 2&4) style of flash. But, so long as you're not hit by a motorist, it doesn't really matter! :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381