SS2000SM Arrowstick problems

ve9mp

May 26, 2010
Hey folks

I have a SS2000SM on the bench and it has me a little confused, the arrowstick stays on completely, every section stays lit up when the unit is off

Took it apart and could smell the magic smoke, looked on the SignalMaster board it had a blown IFR540N Power MosFet....

I replaced the SignalMaster board with a spare I had laying around, hooked it up, every function and relay works except the arrowstick stays stuck on still even with the new signalmaster board....

Suggestions where to start poking? Anyone have one do this before?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
what kind/brand of arrostick. Is it negatived switched?

ve9mp

May 26, 2010
MX7000 I believe

Did some parts swapping, i know thats not the right way to fix but it had to get back in service, and the arrowstick works, but now as soon as power turns on, the slide switch lights up under position number 3 when the switch is off, you have to flip it over then back, as soon as power comes on the lights come on....i dont know if its a programming issue or a relay issue...

I also have another one here now with the same arrowstick problem, and another that works 100%, except the siren output is extremely low.....take any hints or suggestions I can get, thanks guys

cory y

May 21, 2010
the MX uses a paired lamp arrow while the SS series uses a 6 or 8 lamp arrow...

the MX has its arrow usually set up like this 1 - 2&3 - 4&5 - 6&7 - 8

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.