ss2000sm-sc

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Anyone have a manual for this because I can't find one.

Just got it from a board member, but I can't get power to the keyboard. I have (+) and (-) on the harness and the 8ga wire all connected, but no power.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Yes it is a 4 head. The only thing is one end doesn't click in because it came without the plastic piece. But I've held it in with tape for the time being. Also, I know the amp is getting power.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Also, I noticed on the amp and keyboard there are 6 strobes where the cable goes, making me wonder if I should use a 6 pin rather than a 4

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Are you using the correct phone cord? To check, butt the ends towards each other. The colors should match up across from each other.

If so, what is the keypad showing? If nothing, either you have a bad amp or a pico fuse that's blown. It's on the bottom board, near the front. Looks like a resistor but usually all green.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Well I just got this thing so if it's blown I didn't do it. When I give power to the amp, I hear it click. The keypad does absolutely nothing when it's connected to the amp and the power is on. Is there a way to double check and make sure it is or isnt the pico besides replacing it, so I know it's not something else?

Im guessing I can just get it at radioshack if I need to

May 22, 2010
New York City
if u put the wrong cord in or you put a loose cord, you could of burned the pico fuse, i have done it many times............. i do not think they sell it at radio shack...... i usually send my stuff to a guy in ?NJ, he charges me about $50 to change the pico

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Well I only got one cord with this amp(4 lane and matches) so I didn't put in the wring cord and I put it in tight. How much is the fuse?

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
EVModules said:
Are you using the correct phone cord? To check, butt the ends towards each other. The colors should match up across from each other.

If so, what is the keypad showing? If nothing, either you have a bad amp or a pico fuse that's blown. It's on the bottom board, near the front. Looks like a resistor but usually all green.

Pictures of where the PICO fuse is:

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/f13/federal-vision-12315/#post130321

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Thanks for this pics, that will help me when I take this bad larry apart. Does anyone know of a good place to get pico fuses? I tried googling it, but nothing reliable.

Medic20

Jun 12, 2010
OH
I had to get a dentistry tool and pull some of the phone line contacts out so they would make contact. After that I didnt have a Problem. It really sounds like a cord problem.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Not if you like to pop the fuse again. The keypad cable must be of the 4 wire and have one connector end twisted so the colors line up when butted up.

Test the fuse by checking for continuity. If you're not comfortable, you can send it to me and I'll take care of it for $20 even.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
I'll go to radioshack now and see if the have a 4 wire cable that the colors match up. If you have some pico fuses on you, I'll send it to you. Can you get a 4 wire cable?

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
gman021 said:
I'll go to radioshack now and see if the have a 4 wire cable that the colors match up. If you have some pico fuses on you, I'll send it to you. Can you get a 4 wire cable?

Gman,

Radio Shack won't have them. Federal Signal had their cables made differently which are not suitable for telephone hook-ups. I have the pico fuses and can include one new OEM cable when it gets sent back to you.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
oh sorry I was unaware Fed Sig made their own cables, different from all other telephone cables.

PM me with a shipping address and price for OEM cable plus the replacement pico fuse. I'll ship it out tomorrow morning.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Haha ya I've dealt with Sean before.

But no one came right out and said that fed sig cables are completely different, and therefore there was 0% chance they would work.

May 22, 2010
New York City
gman021 said:
Haha ya I've dealt with Sean before.

But no one came right out and said that fed sig cables are completely different, and therefore there was 0% chance they would work.

you can use a phone cord, if the ends are the right way..............but why risk it !! i told you i only use fed sig cords for this 1 reason............trust me in the end, you will be happy with original products

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.