Step lights for a 2012 Ford F250

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Hey guys ive got a customer that wants me to add some white led lights to light up the step bars on his truck. Im wanting to come up with something that will do warning function as well as light up steady burn when the door is opened. I was thinking about useing fed sigs impax 6s so i can have red, blue, and white but i dont know if those lights will steady burn white when the warning function is off. So what ideas can yall come up with??

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
The IPX630 can do this, but you have to also power up the unit itself via a relay. Mine briefly (1/100 of a second) blink in color before the white comes on solid.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ryanm said:
The IPX630 can do this, but you have to also power up the unit itself via a relay. Mine briefly (1/100 of a second) blink in color before the white comes on solid.

The original ones had to have the red/blues powered before the whites would work (even if the white was set to steady burn to override the colours). Now, I believe they have changed that and you can just power the whites by themselves - no requirement to activate the red/blue before you're able to turn on the whites.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
leftcoastmark said:
The original ones had to have the red/blues powered before the whites would work (even if the white was set to steady burn to override the colours). Now, I believe they have changed that and you can just power the whites by themselves - no requirement to activate the red/blue before you're able to turn on the whites.

Thanks, Mark. That's good to hear. That greatly simplifies the wiring needed. I may have to add another pair.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ryanm said:
Thanks, Mark. That's good to hear. That greatly simplifies the wiring needed. I may have to add another pair.

By the way, that was a change that they made mostly due to comments on this board. That, and a little nudge from a couple of their larger distributors. :)

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
leftcoastmark said:
By the way, that was a change that they made mostly due to comments on this board. That, and a little nudge from a couple of their larger distributors. :)

Can you now use that wire to trigger a single color in a multi-color lighthead?

I have a local officer who would like to be able to run red-only when he's on fire scenes and run R/B when doing PD work.

Thanks!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ryanm said:
Can you now use that wire to trigger a single color in a multi-color lighthead?
I have a local officer who would like to be able to run red-only when he's on fire scenes and run R/B when doing PD work.

Thanks!

Hmm, no, I don't think so. If you have a dual colour light, I believe you can run one colour but in steady-burn mode only. I haven't tried it with a dual colour light, but I don't think it'd work. I stand to be corrected on this though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.