Stickney, IL - Colored fog light lenses

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Very cool IMO, but I wonder how long the color will last?

policecars

ai.imgur.com_bVFfZ.jpg

ai.imgur.com_TO9l3.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
are there strobes behind them, or do they flash/wig-wag?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Not the first time I've seen this done. nice idea. Usually there are strobes in those type of places.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Definitely a great idea using some of what the vehicle already has and turning them into warning lights like with headlights and tail lights. If the lenses are done right, say taken from an old retired light bar as those apparently were, they should be fine for quite some time. If they were just pieces of plastic or the factory fog light covers and they got painted, I could see those not lasting very long. Looks good to me.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
I talked to the guy who did their work. The OEM fog light housings were taken apart and the old MX domes were cut to fit and replaced the clear and then siliconed in place. The factory fog lights were hooked up to a flasher..

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Very cool idea! I'm sure they'll definitely take a beating in brutal winters, but it looks like he did a nice job, so hopefully they held up well.

BTW, is it just me or (even though it says "police") the red graphics make it look like a FD vehicle?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
pdk9 said:
BTW, is it just me or (even though it says "police") the red graphics make it look like a FD vehicle?
Red graphics have their place. The word "Police" is big enough that it's legible from a fair distance away too. TBH I think these graphics are very good overall; I'd just ditch the stuff on the windows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.