Storm Pro 200 Problems

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Just got the storm pro 200 in for a build and was testing it. All of the aux tones work, but none of the actual warning tones work. I can hear the processor playing the tones, but nothing comes out of the speak. Any clues?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Ok, so I'm doing some testing again. This is what I've gathered:
It appears that the speaker lines or something may be crossed somewhere internally.

If I plug in speaker 2, all of speaker 1 activation points work on speaker 2, but not on speaker 1.

If I plug in speaker 1, all of speaker 2 activation points work on speaker 1 but not speaker 2.

The PA works the only with speaker 2 connected, not speaker 1.

All the auxiliary tones, Ecto1, Bad boys, etc work on either output, either speaker no matter how is configured.

Hopefully that makes sense to everyone. So it works, its just backwards. Strange.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
David Fierstien from Powercall Sirens LLC, did a demo video of this siren and he said the same thing.
"The RED is generally suppose to match up with the RED"
"The YELLOW is generally suppose to match up with the YELLOW"
"But for some reason its backwards"
Guess its a screw up on Feniex. Oh well i guess.
So im guessing RED tone outputs go to YELLOW speaker outputs and
YELLOW tone outputs go to RED speaker outputs?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
So im guessing RED tone outputs go to YELLOW speaker outputs and YELLOW tone outputs go to RED speaker outputs?

That is correct. And PA only works with Yellow speaker output, not the Red or with both outputs.

literature mixup.
Thanks FEVER! I'm glad it's just that and not something else. I was afraid I needed to send it in for repairs. I wish they would send a product statement or something about it.

But with that said, it's LOUD as hell and sounds great!!! I really really wish we could run sirens in our POV's! This will be going on our new trucks at the dept. I'm very impressed and happy!! :)

Reactions: kabsher8093

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Would be cool to have an "ECTO" legend for the the controller buttons :cool::D
im going to try and make one for the CenCom controller and SmartSiren controller.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.