Streamlight Survivor LED problem

Streamlight repair guy here

ok first off eliminate the simple stuff

is it charged?

try it with a different battery

if those 2 steps are no bueno... send it in for warranty repair

try another survivor in your charger and see if its the charger.

the batteries and chargers are warrantied for 1 year

I've been having a similar problem with my Strion LED. It's been happening more now that it's cold, but I don't know if the problem can be contributed to the cold. Tonight for instance, I was on wall patrol, and half of the time the light wouldn't turn on. Sometimes a few smacks would do the trick, but other times I'd just have to put it back in it's holster, and a few minutes later it would work like nothing happened. Then when I got inside, I was playing with it to see if I could figure out what was wrong, and it turned on, but wouldn't turn off until after about five minutes of playing. I also can't seem to get the cap off, and the problems seem to get better or worsen if I play with it. Thoughts?

when you say the cap... do you mean the tailcap switch?

also give the strion a good 8-10 hr charge.

cory y said:
when you say the cap... do you mean the tailcap switch?

also give the strion a good 8-10 hr charge.

Yup, the tailcap switch. I'm guessing it's a switch problem, it did it before, but now that it's cold it's really been acting up. As far as the charge, it was acting up Saturday night when I was out with the SAR team, so I actually charged it overnight last night. That's why I didn't really worry about it before, because it always seemed to happen after not having been charged for a while, so I just figured the battery was dying, but like I said, charged it all night last night and it's worse than ever. The not being able to take the cap off is what's worrying me...

the tailcap is a 2 piece affair...

im going to assume that you've taken the battery out before?

Yup, a few times, mainly just to show people that it's a rechargeable and doesn't require expensive C123's, but it's been stuck for a few months. Maybe the battery leaked and sealed it? Either way, I'm off this coming Monday, maybe I'll make the 5 mile drive to Streamlight headquarters and see what's up, lol...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381