Strion LED Reviews

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking about picking one up since now I'm at a desk job, my Stinger is too big to carry.

Anybody out there rocking one? It seems like it's getting pretty decent reviews, but I'd like to get some input from fellow members.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I recommended the polytac LED with the surefire v70 speed holster! Works perfect and its low profile!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I've used and own the LED strion. Nice an bright, equal performance to the Stinger LED. I loved the small size, which allowed me to keep it up front on my belt. I liked it. However, the same small size caused me to go back to the Stinger.

It seems that the button 'lightened up' some from original purchase, causing my leg to push into the bottom and turn it on (I carried it in an open top holster just in front of my left hip). I fiddled with it for a while, but couldn't correct the annoying problem of 'shining myself' when sitting/driving. So, I went back to the Stinger, carried just behind the left hip. Yeah, I could have moved it back to where the Stinger is now, but the smaller light with the smaller holster might make re-holstering more difficult. We'll see what I end up sticking with.

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
I have the Streamlight Strion HP and it is a great little light. I use it as my primary duty light with a regular Stinger LED as by backup. The Strion HP works great and is brighter than the regular stinger LED. Great choice in my opinion!

GSPD

May 21, 2010
NY
I've been using the Strion LED for about a year for duty use and it still performs as new. Perfect size for belt carry in my opinon, brightness and durability. Very happy with the choice.....

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
The Strion LED is the best light I have ever used, and I am a flashlight nut. A charge seems to last forever, it is crazy bright for it's size, and is light and compact. Mine has already seen a fair amount of abuse, and it has held up great.

Several associates of mine have recently purchased the latest Stingers, and I can't figure out why. They are big, bulky, and heavy compared to the Strion, and are no brighter.

The problem of accidental activation mentioned here earlier may be due to the type of case used. I carry mine in an Uncle Mike's Mirage case, and no problems whatsoever. I carry mine offside behind the hip, and it draws quickly and easily.

The strobe feature is also a big plus. I have blinded aggressive subjects with it, and they tend to back off. Also good for traffic safety. Just don't aim it directly in the driver's face.

The ONLY problem with this light is that it wasn't available in 1985 when I started my career.

SilveradoPOV

Jul 18, 2010
Autryville,NC
I just got a Strion last week.So far I love it.I had the Scorpion but i lost it plus it wasnt rechargeable.I got the Strion an then I found the Scorpion under my truck seat lol.I wear cargo/swat style pants alot an it fits perfect in the pocket.I havent used it enought to drain it down all the way.My Stinger will only last about an hour of steady burn.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.