Strobe Dash Lights

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
So am I the only who misses strobe dash lights? As a dealer (and customer) of emergency lighting products, I really do miss strobe lights, especially dash lights and mini bars. You see all of these cheap Chinese or ebay special lights that people run. However, a good strobe dash light like the whelen dashmiser would kick them out of the water... not to mention meet SAE certification.

Meh maybe I'm just to old school.

May 23, 2013
nc
i got a few blue strobe single dasmisers self contained, they have cut cords but still work,

got a few blue strobe single dashking 2000's self contained with cut cords

if your interested in carrying them again :D lol

but ya, i love strobes, only reason i took my strobe out is due to my led light having more flash patterns

cant beat the brightness, and actual color they have, most white leds have a blue tint to them while strobe is white

signal12

May 22, 2010
long island new york
leds are great, but strobes really punch out light...most led lights appear brighter i think due to the longer dwell time of the flash.

i admit i use 6 whelen ion led lights, but if i had places to mount strobes as easily, i would use them...

RES347CUE

Nov 7, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY N.Y.
remember the old square dash masters !!!!! and that distinct noise they made I do miss them even that dash miser

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I had a red single Dashmaster for a few years in my POV bought it for $5 from some guy who bought some EBAY LEDs I ended up getting rid of it when the strobe burnt out.

Great light very bright

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
I too love the "old" strobe dash lights and the clickity click of their firing. I found some brand new Whelen single dash masters? on ebay a few years back and bought 3 NIB for not very much dollars at all. Better still I didnt know that the later models had a flash pattern selector button. Not just industry standard comet flash!

All old school but classical

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I have two remote Dashking 2000's for rear lighting, and I'm looking for either two more or two single dashmisers. I have a double Miser bar, but it doesnt really fit in with my set up. :/

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
NERT11 said:
does anyone actually carry strobes anymore?

Code 3 still has their Deckblaster, and they and Whelen still have strobe exterior-mount lighting, plus SVP still offers strobe grille lights. That plus a variety of boring beacons and minibars from a variety of manufacturers is about it.

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
akrja_07 said:
LOVE STROBES!! Best non remote dash strobe light is the Code 3 RVM dual!

Still have mine. Dug it out of storage the other day. Still works great. Thinking about using it again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.