Strobes N' More Siren??

JohnFireFan

Jan 29, 2012
Louisiana
Louis has already made dashlights, hide-a-ways, flood/spot lights, traffic advisors, and warning bars which have all been a huge success IMO. My question is would Louis consider making a SNM brand siren? The competition might be tough due to Whelen being the siren king but it would be awesome to hear newer tones instead of Whelens, even though Whelen's tones are already awesome. Oh and I'm not talking about pulling a Sirennet and using the Whelen Epsilon siren and just sticking their name on it. This siren would need to be 100% created from scratch, tones and all.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions???

Sorry if this has already been discussed in recent forums. With my search query I had no luck in finding this discussion.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Tom seems to have had success with his ultimate siren.

There are plenty of other sirens on the market that are not whelen, which are very functional.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
FEVER said:
Tom seems to have had success with his ultimate siren.

There are plenty of other sirens on the market that are not whelen, which are very functional.

Tom?

Ultimate siren?

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Yep, thanks. I was "googling" as you posted that. Thre are other models of Damega sirens out there as well although I couldn't find any demo videos. I kinda like the looks and simplicity of th SE48, but I don't much care for the tones in the Ultimate, so I doubt I would like the SE48 either.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Whelen is the siren king? Nobody on my Dept ever used a Whelen siren.

I would be interested in seeing what SNM would do as far as a siren. I think something compact is the way to go if you are targeting personal vehicles.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I actually think there are just as many if not more federal sirens out there than whelen. Code 3 vcon sirens were also pretty popular.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
I don't see why SNM would waste thousands of dollars developing a product just to assimilate with the low-end cost siren market. carson and whelen and svp and others already have that covered. Unless they introduced some seriously competitive advantage... which would cost even more money to develop and engineer. I don't think a SNM siren will ever happen, but I would be interested to see what is developed If I am wrong. (But I don't think I am :thumbsup: )

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
If he made a siren with low-pitched wail and yelp tones (400-1000 Hz frequency range) that would be great.

gallagher073

Jan 21, 2011
Western Connecticut
I would LOVE to see a powercall siren come out with a siren + light controller/switchbox like the Whelen 295SLSA6

that would be badass. or maybe a handheld like the Carson SC-1022

I know I'm dreaming lol

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Why would Whelen be the siren king? Federal and SVP both have very good sirens.....considering almost all of them nowadays are controlled by microprocessors, which make some of them sound "sick". What I'd like to see is someone with a mechanical sound siren that really rolllllllls! The EQ2 is decent in that respect, but still cuts off a bit too quick for my liking. I understand that there's just so much that can be done with electronic components, but I'd bet that someone could do something!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
WS224 said:
Yep, thanks. I was "googling" as you posted that. Thre are other models of Damega sirens out there as well although I couldn't find any demo videos. I kinda like the looks and simplicity of th SE48, but I don't much care for the tones in the Ultimate, so I doubt I would like the SE48 either.

The SE48's tones are the same as the Volunteer HH Siren that I have on my site. The Ultimate Siren's have a different set of tones than those sirens. The Ultimate's tones are, IMO, some of the best sounding tones for a low cost unit.

The Ultimate Siren is my number 2 seller on the site, behind the Venom Interior Bar.

As for the OP, I don't think SNM will develop their own siren. As another member posted, there are already so many sirens out there, a lot of which SNM carries. They carry Carson sirens I believe that have nice tones and are very affordable.

One thing that I think Louis does nicely is offer a wide array of products, both private label and major manufacturer.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
thedanderzone said:
Is there a way to run a manual mechanical on the SE48? If so that would put the icing on the cake! :D

I don't want to hijack the thread and divert it from it's intended discussion, so if anyone has any questions about AWL or LED Outfitters products, please feel free to PM me. I also have a demo video of the siren's tones for those interested.

Thanks guys!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.