Strobes n more to be stocking Feniex

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
So I noticed a post on Louis's own strobes n more forum that they will now be stocking Feniex products as well. He posted the update on the 9th of April .

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Weren't they one of the original naysayers? Funny how that works. It's interesting to see the people who now sell Feniex who claimed their products were junk or imported knock offs. (not saying that SNM made those exact statements, but others have)

You will now see a shift in things. These people will become the shining stars, while the folks that worked for years trying to market the product will be left holding the bag. Again, no disrespect to SNM, but IIRC, they were not Feniex supports in the beginning.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
It is common to nay-say unknown products especially when it is encroaching on your products sales. With all of the knock off junk out there there was no reason to believe Fienex was any better. You do not want to carry a product that has no track record that may harm the successful buisness you are currently running.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
emtanderson51 said:
It is common to nay-say unknown products especially when it is encroaching on your products sales. With all of the knock off junk out there there was no reason to believe Fienex was any better. You do not want to carry a product that has no track record that may harm the successful buisness you are currently running.

Then you should speak SOFTLY, and carry a big stick. In other words, keep your mouth shut. This is just the beginning of a real education for dealers that have been with Feniex for a long time or are smaller volume...just wait.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
badge22 said:
Then you should speak SOFTLY, and carry a big stick. In other words, keep your mouth shut. This is just the beginning of a real education for dealers that have been with Feniex for a long time or are smaller volume...just wait.

The start of the education came earlier this week. Feniex eliminated 45% of their low volume dealers.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
badge22 said:
Weren't they one of the original naysayers? Funny how that works.

Those were my exact thoughts when I read the thread title. It seems like only weeks ago, we were told how sub-par the Cannons were.

Zodiac

Jan 26, 2013
The Valley, WI
I feel the need to pipe up here...

Yes, it is true that my POV will soon be outfitted with all Feniex products purchased from site members.

This was done for several reasons.

I am still, however (keep in mind they are being shipped to me, and have no been installed yet), unconvinced of their quality of the product.

My opinion might change, positive or negative, when I get them. But I am always a little hesitant of a product when it seems they have many dealers.

The Feniex products themselves, from internet videos, is not what sold me though, the dealers I bought the products from are the people that sold me on them.

I don't buy things from businesses, I buy from people.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
badge22 said:

If I sell Whelen and Code 3 puts out a product that competes with my product I am going to trash it until I am forced to sell it to compete. That's business...like it or leave it....Feinex is no different, not to mention the products that look EXACTLY like half of the crap out there. I have been careful not to call it crap as I have NO experience with the product (unless I am messing with JMAN, EMTBLS and NIC in chat). We do not sell Feinex so I will always try to promote the products I DO sell over the ones I do NOT sell. This only makes complete sense.....

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Let's face it, it is only natural to bad mouth something that is to compete against you. I try to be cognizant of that in my post, but we all are human. This is a business, if we (SNM, Sirennet, me, or anyone) do not look for ways to better our business then we are doing our customers an injustice (as well as our pocketbooks).

I've been an avid Feniex since the first time I bought a used Feniex Dash light. It was because of them(and let's not forget ELB) that I entered this business. Most of you know I am a Full Time LEO. They are what I use on my car (and I am a distributor for two other major brands). But, I am very honest when it comes to Feniex. I would be lying if I did not acknowledge the fact that they have made mistakes. The Olympian and the T-4 both had rampant issues, but they discontinued those and released better products (or are developing and testing them). I will say that I have given Feniex feed back on the products (both good and bad). I've seen them make changes to these products and corrected alot of the concerns I had (no im sure it wasn't just because of what I said). Feniex is still a very young company and I'm sure they will have their mistakes, but I think they will learn from them and continue to improve. They seem to be going in the right direction.

I'm sure Louis has tested their products and only after that, did he decide to add them to the Strobes-N-More Line-up. I've busted my ass for Feniex and will continue to do so. Is there a very real possibility that Strobes-N-More and these bigger companies will hurt my sales some? Yes... but let's face it.... that is big box America for you. It's always 100 times tougher for the little guys like Covert Lights, myself, and maybe even AWL. That will NEVER change. I will keep doing my thing (as I'm sure most others will too). There is no need to cry, I'm not here to get rich... my ultimate goal is to help my brothers in public safety be safe at a reasonable expense.

That being said, I would still support Louis if he had a question about a Feniex product as I have many other Feniex Distributors. Ultimately, I know SNM will represent Feniex in a way that will be beneficial to Feniex. And on that note, I will gladly extend a warm welcome of SNM to the Feniex family.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Steve, you're contradicting yourself.

emtanderson51 said:
If I sell Whelen and Code 3 puts out a product that competes with my product I am going to trash it until I am forced to sell it to compete.
emtanderson51 said:
I have been careful not to call it crap as I have NO experience with the product
Simply put: If you don't sell the products, and/or you haven't used them, you have no say on the matter. Not because they're silencing their critics, but rather because you can't be a critic until you've tested it. SNM looks rather foolish now. If you have nothing to say, don't just jump on the negative bandwagon, because it's going to bite you on the ass. (*insert prerequisite GPC joke here*)

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Good Morning everyone. Let me set the record straight. I think the only 2 things I have said that could be conceived as negative were that we saw a few of their sirens that failed and those sirens are not sold by them any longer. The other being that I questioned the "made in the USA" claim. I have asked questions on their cannons with regards to the intended use of replacing the factory DOT required lights and my Feniex rep has stated they are not marketing them or pushing that claim, however if the installer wants to use them for that they are on their own.

Now as for us stocking their products we have been in talks for a while and been doing quite a bit of in house testing. We will be starting off with just a few items to stock and special ordering others to test the waters. As with any other company we want to see how they perform before breaking open the piggy bank. I for one was pleased when they said they were dropping "small non-performing dealers" as they put it. Many of the smaller dealers give the product away and really don't do it justice and only in my opinion only cheapen the brand.

With that being said I hope we can continue to help everyone out with your lighting needs and as always feel free to email me directly with comments, concerns, and questions.

Also we stopped listing for sale items on the board here as it was too difficult to keep us and have a bargain basement on our in house forum if you are looking for big discounts on new stock. We just listed a ton of stock as we cleaned out the warehouse last week making way for many new products we will be stocking.

Louis

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
EMT-BLS said:
Steve, you're contradicting yourself.

Simply put: If you don't sell the products, and/or you haven't used them, you have no say on the matter. Not because they're silencing their critics, but rather because you can't be a critic until you've tested it. SNM looks rather foolish now. If you have nothing to say, don't just jump on the negative bandwagon, because it's going to bite you on the ass. (*insert prerequisite GPC joke here*)

The only thing I have called crap is the Olympian. This is based on 2 customers who purchased Cencoms due to the fact that the Olympian is....uh...well....JUNK. I have always been careful not to call their lightheads junk or of poor quality as I have no real time experience with the product. I do however feel that their lightbars and lightheads are not the most attractive units on the market IMHO. I also say the same thing about Code 3 products. I support the Code 3 line as we sell a ton of it and it never comes back. Quality. As Louis stated, I will bring in a few select products and hook them to 12v and run them until they die. If theu last as long as the 4 LINZ6 heads that have run 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the last 26 months....I will be officially sold and we will be selling Feinex products. There is no contradiction there....ABE. :razz:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Strobesnmore said:
I for one was pleased when they said they were dropping "small non-performing dealers" as they put it. Many of the smaller dealers give the product away and really don't do it justice and only in my opinion only cheapen the brand.

After hearing stories of dealers giving away items at or even below cost, I couldn't agree more with this statement.

Zodiac

Jan 26, 2013
The Valley, WI
If I had a dime for everytime I heard of one of my competitors giving away things at or below cost.

Does it happen?

You bet it does.

Does it happen as often as we think?

You bet it doesn't.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Isn't Feniex a fairly young company? Yes, you can't go wrong with Whelen or a couple other top players in the distribution business, but you can't really always pick on the toddler of the bunch. Period.

There are plenty of examples you could use, but I'll use this one; I LOVE Buca Di Bepos. It is my favorite place to eat by a long shot, not to mention Italian is my favorite food. There is a restraunt that opened up just a tad under a month ago about 20 minutes away from me. It's basically a hole in the wall operation, it's the owner's FIRST and only restraunt at the current time, and I had heard very good things about it. I decided to take my girlfriend out there and was blown away. It was THAT damn good. Now, mind you I have only eaten that one item I ordered and nibbled off of her plate, but it was still VERY good. In my opinion it's not quite as good as Bucas, but it's closer, it's more affordable, and the owners are there EVERY night but Sunday. If something goes wrong(from what I hear), they will correct it and it's the owner who brings it back out to you and appologizes to you. They always are willing to listen to critisism, they will adapt their food(again, from what I hear), and the service so far has been great. This place is packed just about every night. EVERY night.

Sound familiar? I know I know, food can be a bit more simple than technology. But if you compare home made food, which is what the restraunt does, everything is made from scratch, you can compare it to a baby emergency lighting company. Fight me all you want, everyone has their own opinion.

Anyway, I do NOT have any Feniex products of my own. I HAVE seen products in person because I helped convince my town's PD to outfit their car with some Feniex products, so I have got to help tinker with them, run them a bit, and talk to our Marshal and his deputies about how they like them. How someone can they they "look exactly like knockoffs," baffles me. They look nothing like knockoffs and are built VERY well. They aren't built like any of the big dog's products, but that's a good thing. Feniex should establish their own product, and they have. EVERY company will have it's problems with its products, but in the end, has Feniex really had many? Anything truly horrible that they couldn't fix? Replace? Upgrade? Again, I haven't heard or seen anything but good things about Feniex, even with the problems they have had.

As for SnM deciding to stock Feniex, it's about time. More people need to try before they cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
emtanderson51 said:
The only thing I have called crap is the Olympian. This is based on 2 customers who purchased Cencoms due to the fact that the Olympian is....uh...well....JUNK. I have always been careful not to call their lightheads junk or of poor quality as I have no real time experience with the product. I do however feel that their lightbars and lightheads are not the most attractive units on the market IMHO. I also say the same thing about Code 3 products. I support the Code 3 line as we sell a ton of it and it never comes back. Quality. As Louis stated, I will bring in a few select products and hook them to 12v and run them until they die. If theu last as long as the 4 LINZ6 heads that have run 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the last 26 months....I will be officially sold and we will be selling Feinex products. There is no contradiction there....ABE. :razz:

Steve is correct about the Olympian Siren..I can attest to that because I was one of Steves customers who came in and purchased a Cen Com unit..at a really good deal might I add!! Because Steve had sympathy for me because I have yet to hear back from Feniex in regards to the failed unit. I needed to get the Fire Chiefs vehicle up and running again in a timely manner even if it meant eating the labor cost because I felt bad a product I originally installed failed.. Heres to hoping Feniex does the right thing and contacts me..and if they do I will be sure to post and let you all know. I will say that all the Feniex LED lights I installed in the same vehicle are still working great though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.