Strobesnmore HAW Led's

Jun 4, 2010
new york
So I see Strobesnmore has a new HAW LED out. Looks like they go on sale in 4 days or so. They look pretty nice and have 8 leds in them. The price is real good too. Not a fan of having the seperate flasher though..

So who's going to be the first to test these babies out?
icon6.png

EHAWLG.jpg

Jun 4, 2010
new york
The website says they are synchronizable with other "E" series lights, but it doesn't mention how. I'm excited to see these things, and the price is very nice :) I want to see these in a head-to-head with the SOS Undercover HAW LED's though..

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Red vs. Red lens is still about 20% brighter then the clear against red lens.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i def. cant wait to see the reviews. i haven't heard anything bad about louis' S.N.M.-branded products yet, so I have some nice expectations

May 22, 2010
Central WV
blue70chevelle said:
The website says they are synchronizable with other "E" series lights, but it doesn't mention how. I'm excited to see these things, and the price is very nice :) I want to see these in a head-to-head with the SOS Undercover HAW LED's though..

You're looking at a saving of about $30 per set vs the SOS Universal Undercovers, but you only get a 2 year warranty with these strobesnmore branded LAW were the SOS's have a 5 year warranty.

I haven't heard anything bad about the strobesnmore products, so it will be interesting to see how people like them. From the video, they look nice. Kind of curious about the cabeles they use and the flasher unit (looks like some I just saw on eBay) and why these were used vs the traditional LAW cables and inline drivers on the newer LED inserts (Universal Undercovers and Vertexes).

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
if I had to design these systems to mass produce, I would have made it a 4 head flashing unit, and used strobe cable with amp connectors. Then givin 18' for the cables. because i know i am always cutting one cable to make another longer, generally by three feet.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
ISU_Cyclone said:
What if you want to sync more than 2 heads? It only shows 2 leads into the flasher
I am wondering this as well. I currently have a split SOS Universal Undercover, and, am considering purchasing these instead of mounting the SOS, with 2 LAWs in a reverse light housing, instead of the split (8 LEDs vs 3... not even a question), BUT..... that would make it 4 heads...

blue70chevelle said:
For those of us 'dummies' out there... what is an "E" Series light?

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
the flasher unit kinda looks like one of those cheap led flashers you find in the local autozone. Just my opinion for all I know could be made by whelen and sold by SNM under their name. Just doesn't look like good quality to me

Dan

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
They do look a little low-budget but for the price, I don't think they will be beat. I am going to put some LAWs in a truck for my FD; I was originally going to use SoundOff's Universal LAW but I might use these depending on the reviews they get.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
blue70chevelle said:
The "E" series lights are the Strobesnmore branded lights. They have a few, a TIR3 style, LIN3, Dominator, etc...

Thank you. Still guessing apparently unable to sync more than 2 heads?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ISU_Cyclone said:
That is understood. The question is about the ability to sync more than 2 heads.

well if you can sync the haw with another e series light then that would lead me to believe you can sync more than two heads, sorry i didnt understand what you were referring to

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
MEVS06 said:
well if you can sync the haw with another e series light then that would lead me to believe you can sync more than two heads, sorry i didnt understand what you were referring to

I agree, that statement makes sense, thank you!

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
You can sync more than one set of lights and the hide a ways will also sync with our other E series lights which is a plus. The central flasher cuts down on the cost of having to pay for a flasher with each light when you only need the one. We made the cables at 3 and 8 foot so you can mount the flasher on one side of the vehicle or the other.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Strobesnmore said:
You can sync more than one set of lights and the hide a ways will also sync with our other E series lights which is a plus. The central flasher cuts down on the cost of having to pay for a flasher with each light when you only need the one. We made the cables at 3 and 8 foot so you can mount the flasher on one side of the vehicle or the other.

Thank you for the clarification Louis! Any demo yet of all flash patterns available?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I like the flasher being plug in. Seems like it will be easier to install than those with inline flashers.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Pimp said:
No, I haven't gotten any yet, but I do plan on getting my hands on some real soon.

Sweetness... I'm seriously thinking of picking up a set with the possibility of some holiday cash... LoL

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
SBFD-E-9 said:
I am too. They look too good to pass up. Just waiting for a review!

Dan

+1 I think once my vehicle comes in, I will be ordering 2 pair!

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Why we built the lights the way we did? This is the question I keep getting asked so here is the answer. After doing countless installs we realized that with all the other lights out there we always took the two lights and met the wiring up on the drivers side. If it was a tailight we tied the grounds together, syncs together and then ran our power to the switch and same for the front weather it was 2, 4, or 6 lights. So instead of spending the money on 2 flashers when you only need one we figured we could cut the cost and make the install easier which we feel we have done. The other change from some of the other companies is the double sided tape they gave you to hold the flasher in place. We instead give you 2 screw holes on the flasher. We also wanted waterproof connectors but wanted them smaller than what many other companies are using. When you only have 2 wires how big did they need to be. This is also an advantage should you decide to surface mount the lights with the optional surface mount flanges. With the other lights out there you need to drill almost a one inch hole for just the flasher to pass or cut the flasher off and splice the wires back together. Anyway, just some of the things we’ve been asked by a few guys from this site. The lights are in stock and we are very happy with their output and design and I am hopeful you will like them too. Happy New Years and be safe

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I will say again, that they look awesome... When funds permit, I will be ordering some... Keep up the good work!!!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Strobesnmore said:
With the other lights out there you need to drill almost a one inch hole for just the flasher to pass or cut the flasher off and splice the wires back together.

That's one of the things I HATE about the vertex lights... HAAAAATTTTE.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Strobesnmore said:
Why we built the lights the way we did? This is the question I keep getting asked so here is the answer. After doing countless installs we realized that with all the other lights out there we always took the two lights and met the wiring up on the drivers side. If it was a tailight we tied the grounds together, syncs together and then ran our power to the switch and same for the front weather it was 2, 4, or 6 lights. So instead of spending the money on 2 flashers when you only need one we figured we could cut the cost and make the install easier which we feel we have done. The other change from some of the other companies is the double sided tape they gave you to hold the flasher in place. We instead give you 2 screw holes on the flasher. We also wanted waterproof connectors but wanted them smaller than what many other companies are using. When you only have 2 wires how big did they need to be. This is also an advantage should you decide to surface mount the lights with the optional surface mount flanges. With the other lights out there you need to drill almost a one inch hole for just the flasher to pass or cut the flasher off and splice the wires back together. Anyway, just some of the things we’ve been asked by a few guys from this site. The lights are in stock and we are very happy with their output and design and I am hopeful you will like them too. Happy New Years and be safe
I know it was stated that these lights can be synced with other E Series lights, so then these could be synced with a 2nd pair of these HAWs, which would entail a 2nd whole setup (flasher). Does the sync wire come out of the LED or the flasher?

Also, maybe just a suggestion, but is there an option to specify the length of cable for each Lighthead? For example, I was initially planning to use a split B/A LAW, but decided for effectiveness sake, I would use 2 LAWs per housing I plan to install in. Seeing as this would require 2 orders, and 2 flashers, it would be possible for me to mount one flasher on each side of my vehicle, and quite possibly would only need short extensions. OR, if I decided to install the flashers both on one side of my vehicle, I wojld have to be ensured that I did not have both longer cables the same color LEDs, because then I wouldn't be able to reach them to the intended housing.

Just some food for thought. I do plan on ordering 2 pair in the next couple week Louis!

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Sneaky peaky... I've sent a pair to another member of this board to be reviewed. It wouldn't be fair for me to review them since I'm going to be selling them.

However, I will say... I like!

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2512.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2511.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2502.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2509.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2506.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2504.jpg

ai93.photobucket.com_albums_l41_Pimpala03_HAWLEDs_IMG_2505.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
So all the LEDs face directly up, and are not on an angled platform? I did see decent output to almost 180* on Louis' video, just surprised the mount for the LEDs was not beveled at all.

Is there any additional discount for ELB members from SNM?

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
xfirefighter484x said:
So all the LEDs face directly up, and are not on an angled platform? I did see decent output to almost 180* on Louis' video, just surprised the mount for the LEDs was not beveled at all.

On the Whelen Vertex, the six Rebel SMDs are mounted on a flat plate, just like these are. What appears to be different is that Whelen frosted the inside of the lens, to help with the fact that they only had six of the Rebel SMD diodes. These SNM HAWs cram 8 Rebels in there, so there is no need for a raised or angled platform, since doing so would cut down the number of diodes that could be seen from one direction.

Case in point the Nova X1100 that has six Cree diodes with two facing a different direction. I just got done installing four of them in a CV in a Red/White/Blue split setups, and they really suck! I won't be buying them again!

Im excited about the SNM hideaways! Cant wait to get my hands on some (i have several sets coming).

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Boy that was fast as we just did Toms car today. I would have preferred to put the leds in the rear of his light assembly which I think would have doubled the output but we would have had to severly cut into the double wall more than we both would have liked so we settled on them coming up from the bottom of the assembly.

Which brings me to a good point. Almost all of the hide a way lights no matter the brand are greatly affected by how they are mounted. On Toms car the Vertex look much brighter (he already had a set and we mounted them in the rear of the car) because they were mounted in the rear of the reflector. When you look at the light from almost any angle you see all the leds. On the front lights as I stated above the lights come up from the bottom so you only see about half the LEDs thus relying entirely on the reflector to do the work of the other LEDs. Many double walled headlight assemblies you have to weight output over damage to the housing. As I tell everyone I can mount a light anywhere but when you have water and moisture issues is it really worth it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseofblue84

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.