Subaru Zombie Response Vehicle

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I figure I'll put this up at let you guys have at it. Can't wait to hear what you come up with

This was a unique one I got to do for a bud of mine. He wanted to build a zombie response vehicle to take around to shows and such. He came to me for the lighting. All lights are amber.

Front:

AWL Venom 3rd gen

Smt3 on mirror

Switchback LEDs tied into a whelen ulf44

Rear:

Strobes n' more 8 head TA

Amber led Turn signals tied into ulf44

He didn't want to use hide aways. And the car is only for show not any actual use. This definitely appealed to the inner whacker in me. :roll:

IMG_20140928_174113075_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_174120270.jpg

IMG_20140928_174125928_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_174141488_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_174154341_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_175028299_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_190323419.jpg

IMG_20140928_190335441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MX7000Guy

Jun 2, 2010
Middle of nowhere, VT
This is my friend's car, haven't seen it since the install of the interior bar and mirrors.
Not really a fan of the mirrors now that I'm seeing this, those just look completely out-of-place.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Your post is just as pointless...

OP, interesting vehicle. I am sure your friend gets quite a bit of attention with it. To each his own.
It was a fun vehicle to build and it definately does get alot of attention.

As for pointless

Criticism is all well and good but to flat out hurl insults because you don't like the concept is plain rude.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
With the exception of the illegal number of auxiliary driving&fog lights, I see no problem with the car, or lights.  It's a Subaru, so not likely confused with a LE vehicle. The amber lighting is subject to Vermont LEO understanding, but otherwise legal.  It is clearly marked in such a way that only a brain dead individual would take it seriously (wait for it...). 

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
With the exception of the illegal number of auxiliary driving&fog lights, I see no problem with the car, or lights. It's a Subaru, so not likely confused with a LE vehicle. The amber lighting is subject to Vermont LEO understanding, but otherwise legal. It is clearly marked in such a way that only a brain dead individual would take it seriously (wait for it...).
derp :haha:

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
It was a fun vehicle to build and it definately does get alot of attention.

As for pointless

Criticism is all well and good but to flat out hurl insults because you don't like the concept is plain rude.
Oh please. You open the thread with:

I figure I'll put this up at let you guys have at it. Can't wait to hear what you come up with
and you're bitching about someone saying it's dumb? It doesn't take a genius to read between the lines and see your own thoughts on this:

Haha my look exactly when he brought it in. But hey he's paying for it. Lol
So don't you dare start going off on people expressing what everyone else (including you) is thinking.

The car is dumb. It's a 15 year old Subaru wagon done up to attention-whore. I guarantee you the lights are used on the street whenever he gets the chance to play hero. I suppose that's more benign than a Crown Vic doing "road assistance" but you wanted opinions? You got them. I refuse to believe you are naive enough given the above evidence that you expected anything less.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Just going to agree with proudfirefighter the concept is lost on some people.

Funny remarks are all well and good but if you don't like something because you don't like what it stands for is a different story.

Further discussion on it is nothing more then childish bickering based on a difference of opinion. Knowing the end user of the vehicle personally I can asure you it is not used on the road.

So back on topic let's talk about the install not the fact that you don't like the vehicle concept itself.

Reactions: proudfirefighter

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Just going to agree with proudfirefighter the concept is lost on some people.

So back on topic let's talk about the install not the fact that you don't like the vehicle concept itself.

Install wise not too shabby.  Needs some 360 scene lighting though...hunting zombies at night can be tricky.

Oh and if hes ever passing through IL area look me up....

2015-01-05_11-20-27_692.jpg

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
What's there to talk about? You didn't show any photos of the interior work - wiring, fusing, power distribution, mounting systems, etc. Any idiot can bolt lights to a car straight. If you're looking for the peanut gallery to be singing your praise let's see the real nitty gritty of it where skill and attention to detail really matter. The kind of stuff professional upfitters (as you've billed yourself below your avatar) really take pride in.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
OK so I'm not sure what your issue is.

Unfortunately these were all the pictures I got at the time. If I come across the car again I'll be sure to take more and update. Sadly once the car was complete the owner made sure it all worked and took it home.

I apologize that the documentation is not up to your standards but again this was all I was able to get. It was a project done for a friend of mine that I figured people may enjoy and get a kick out of. Nothing more nothing less.

I very much don't appreciate being called or indirectly called an idiot. I am trying to the best of my ability to be civil and polite and only ask the same in return. I take a lot of pride in my work and I make sure it is done properly.

Reactions: proudfirefighter

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
OK so I'm not sure what your issue is.

It was a project done for a friend of mine that I figured people may enjoy and get a kick out of. Nothing more nothing less.
I was asking myself the same thing.....take a look at some of their other posts though...  I think it's a pretty cool setup and project.  Oh well...haters be hatin'.  

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I was asking myself the same thing.....take a look at some of their other posts though... I think it's a pretty cool setup and project. Oh well...haters be hatin'.
Yep. Definitely have to agree. Seems like the kind of person just trying to stir the pot to create something out of nothing.

Thank you very much, though. It was a fun vehicle to work on.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
All right, looking back I came off as too much of a dick than I'd intended.

From what I can see of the install it looks good, clean and neat. The car and concept...well, you know my thoughts on those already.

What interests me is who did the vinyl. Very neat job and in reflective no less, that's not cheap.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I appreciate it. The vinyl was done by hand by the vehicle owner. It was not easy and not cheep. Was most definitely time consuming, but created the desired effect.

I very much wish I could take credit for it due to the neatness and attention to detail however all credit goes to the owner.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.