Super LED Take Downs

mixerbd699

May 22, 2010
Fort Worth, Tx
So i was wondering if anyone has used the Whelen Super LED take downs that are for the liberty bar for anything else...like fog lights? or work lights? i'm thinking about getting some for fog lights...curious if anyone else has tried this

Sounds interesting, but will the 500 series flange fit these?

They would be way too bright for fogs. They'd blind everyone on the road directly in front of you.

well..yeah..guess i should clear up what I plan on using em for. I would use them as "high beams" ( i drive a lot on back roads at night) and I would use them as work lights for various things

high beams would be a different. as long as there wouldnt be any other drivers then they could work nicely. i have never seen them on by themselves without a lightbar on to see their distance but they seem like they would light up a good size area.

mixerbd699 said:
does anyone know if they'll fit the regular 500 series flanges?

It would be nice if they did. I have a slick top and would love to use them as a set of "takedowns" on my pushbumper. Mount in a 500 flange and an L bracket. Might be a good alternative takedown/rural driving light.

When I had a lightbar I used to run my takedowns on back roads. It allows you to light up mailbox numbers and see the two Ds. (deer and dogs)

It would be nice if they did. I have a slick top and would love to use them as a set of "takedowns" on my pushbumper. Mount in a 500 flange and an L bracket. Might be a good alternative takedown/rural driving light.

When I had a lightbar I used to run my takedowns on back roads. It allows you to light up mailbox numbers and see the two Ds. (deer and dogs)

JTipper said:
It would be nice if they did. I have a slick top and would love to use them as a set of "takedowns" on my pushbumper.
Might not be very effective in lighting the passenger compartment as takedowns from the pushbumper...

You guys could always order els takedowns and mount them on the rear view mirror of your car and bumper, thats what i'll be doing!

Klein said:

If anyone is interested in these please send me a PM, I have a set that I used for about 1.5 weeks, then switched cars and have them sitting on the shelf ever since. They are solid white however have 1 ground and 2 powers per head (split, if wanted). After payment and taxes I spend $205+. Would sell them at $160 shipped OBO. One head has a few feet of cable and the other has about a foot.

And the liberty takedowns do not work in a 500 shell, as the takedowns only come with that little metal clip to attach them to the lightbar, and are not waterproofed.

them not being water proof is a bummer so those are out for sure. does anyone know the dimensions of the light head? They don't happen to be like half of a 400 series would they?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381