Surge of illegal immigrants overwhelm local officers.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I heard on the radio this morning that the state of Texas is spending $1,000,000 per week in an attempt to secure the international border.  As a Texas taxpayer, I am a tad miffed.

:hissyfit:

Reactions: Station 3

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok we will alllow all illegal immigrants in if they all can learn this song and do it as a flash mob...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I recently "last week" went on a ride along with the Brooks County Texas Sheriff's office its a county about 80-100 miles north of the border and has made headlines of being over run by illegal activity and illegal immigrants. Well i heard the stories of how bad it was how badly funded and how badly they needed officers and i needed to see for myself how bad it really was and i was shocked and got to see things that really opend my eyes into how bad stuff really is. This county is in the middle of no mans land they only have one town thats got a small walmart and little stores here and there and a local PD and VFD. The sherff's office covers 950 square miles and they only have 6 full time deputy sheriff's on staff.. Thats including the sheriff himself and the chief deputy who is second in command. That means boys and girls that they only have 1 deputy sheriff on patrol at any one time for 950 SQUARE MILES. Recently many officers from the rio grande valley have started to volunteer their time there for free patroling and keeping the county safe from illegal activity. The Falfurias checkpoint is the only other thing besides these deputys from stoping illegal alien and drug smugglers in the area. I rode along as a civilian since my constables office in which i work for hate working for free or doing anything that does not benifit them and my Brass warned me i would get a write up if i rode with brooks county sheriff's office. Well me being the person i am did not really gave two shits about what they said and did it anyway and made sure to send them pictures of me doing so LOL. I can tell you that in the first hour of me being on patrol i got into more action and pursuits than one entire year at my department. We had a total of 3 pursuits and bail outs and found a few illegals wandering the brush in such a bad shape that im certain that they had about 1 more day of life in them. The area is so saturated by illegals out there that there are 55 gallon drums on the side of the road every few miles that say "AGUA" or water and are filled with water bottles so the illegals can drink and not die out there in the hot Texas sun. I discoverd that these brave deputys on patrol have no back up no help for them will come if they get into a struggle they have no radio communications once they leave the immidate area around the sheriff's office and they also have no cell phone service out there. You are basicly the Lone Ranger out there. And for the first time i got to feel real fear it was just me and my partner and knowing that you have no help coming if you get into a shoot out or a fight is scary. I found new respect for those deputys out there especially those who do it for free. I will try to go out there more often but with the title of a Medic/First Responder and not a Police Officer since my department does not allow me to get involved law enforcement wise.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I feel that clicking the 'Like This" button is not appropriate.  I don't like to hear what is happening there. 

I do send my thoughts and prayers that you are safe while out there, Station 3.  You can appreciate the old system of forts, and how those troopers felt.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa

And I'd like to see the last one describe more of the border jumpers

uploadfromtaptalk1404935879549.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404935970022.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404935992206.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404936222194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.