SVP 9200 Series - Star Mini Bar Troubleshooting

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I took one of these on trade in, and it seems to work only when it wants to. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any experience working on these? Where would I begin? I doubt it's still under any sort of a warranty.

[Broken External Image]:http://star1889.com/images/products/signal-vehicle/9200S-R.jpg

Or does anyone have any realistic suggestions for fixing it up to make a profit on it?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Those things are a dime a dozen in these parts (with SWS being a canadian company), the circutry should be encapsulated in a little box if Im not mistaking. they sell new for just over 100$ here, Id part it out maybe, theyre only 10watt strobes i think, not the most impressive. they alternate double flash. a capacitor could be gone, not storing up enough energy.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
localhero800 said:
ooooorrrr.. you could pimp it out!!! with some pimp pods on the outside of the strobe housings.. placed vertical on them... then take a video!! :D
+ 1

than list it on BST, and profit. :cool:

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Jared @ 911Lights said:
Pimp,

I don't have any in-stock to trade you for, but shoot me an email and I'll get you an RMA to send it back for repair.

The Star 9200s are 24 Watts, you have to remember SWS is a completely separate company, they only buy SOME of their parts and products from Star/SVP.

-Jared[/quote:yw06wc48]

I knew they were somewhere around that wattage, i figured 10-12 each.

Are the ones pimp is speaking of the SVP model? Ive seen the extruded aluminum frame type being made/assembled at SWS in Niagra.

Do like Jared Suggests, SWS/SVP are real good with warranty. I know the SWS side has no-questions-asked warranty exchange.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Just had a friend call looking for a halogen mini bar. How hard would it be to gut the strobes and throw some rotators in there?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.