Swapping Cobra 100 colors

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Is there any way to change the color of a cobra 100? I have two green cobra 100's mounted in my rear hatch area and I would like to switch one to amber and one to blue. Could I just buy two Cobra T6's and swap the heads? I would like to avoid taking apart my rear hatch if possible which is what I would have to do if I bought two new cobra 100's.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yes. You can do that with any of the cobra series bars. T6 heads drop right in. As a bonus you'll have the flange and gasket to put with the green heads if you want to sell them.

You can also get dummy T6 heads if your 100s are on steady burn and you are using a separate flasher. Save a few bucks.

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Yes. You can do that with any of the cobra series bars. T6 heads drop right in. As a bonus you'll have the flange and gasket to put with the green heads if you want to sell them.

You can also get dummy T6 heads if your 100s are on steady burn and you are using a separate flasher. Save a few bucks.

Awesome thanks a lot. I'll order the T6 heads then. I'm using the built in flasher and the two are synced.

One more question. When I cut the Cobra 100 wiring to length there was a yellow wire that started about halfway down the harness. Do you know what the yellow wire does? I didn't see anything in the manual about a yellow wire on the Cobra 100s.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yellow is the same color they use in the Apollo/cannon series for the second mode, so my guess would be that they use the same cable for both series Cobra and Apollo they just cut the yellow wire short. Total guess though

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Yellow is the same color they use in the Apollo/cannon series for the second mode, so my guess would be that they use the same cable for both series Cobra and Apollo they just cut the yellow wire short. Total guess though

I pulled apart one of my cobra 100s and the wires are just crimped together so it should be super easy to cut out the old head and crimp in the new color. The yellow wire was nowhere to be found inside the lighthead anywhere so I think you're correct.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.