Swapping lenses on Whelen Dominator

Agent72

May 27, 2010
US Florida
I have a Whelen Dominator 8 tir optic bar. I have some LIN lenses from another Inner Edge bar. My question is if it is possible to swap out the lenses on the Dominator TIR bar with the LIN lenses to get the effect of a LIN led light or if the TIR lenses are fully encapsulated to make the bar water proof making them nonremovable. Thanks

You cannot swap heads on the dominators, they are different then the inner edges. If you truely want lin heads in your dominator you can just buy a different lin head and swap it out for the tir. I had an old tir3 4 head dominator and i swapped out all 4 heads and put in linz6's worked great.

The standard TIR3 LED's that are in a standard dominator are not able to be switched out as they are sealed units. As was said before, If you want LIN heads, then pony up some cash and swap them out.

yes sorry i ment the lenses, the ones in the dominator are infact sealed so for waterproofing measures so you cant remove the lenses and swap them you have to just buy a lin head and replace it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381