SWAT Humvee Spring Hill TN Police Dept

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
This is a project we just got done with today. This is the Spring Hill PDs new "SWAT" vehicle. All lighting is used equipment that the PD supplied. I say that because I realize some of the TIR3s and 6s are not synced. The previous install company that originally sold the lights had a very annoying habit of cutting the sync and pattern wires flush with the back of the light. Sooooo I synced what I could and tried to set the patterns the same on all the lights. I think it turned out well. The toggle switch below the radio is a master on off switch for the radio and Smart Siren, 12 volt ignition sources are hard to find on a military 24 volt vehicle. It was easier to do this than risk tapping into wiring that may or may not be switched or 12 volts.

DSCN1088.jpg

DSCN1097.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Install looks good, but they didn't even want to slap a cheap coat of paint on it? It would look much better if they just painted it black.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looks great. all blue?

a cheap rattle can job flat black would look better then the camo..

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Lights look good sides are fine the way they are as long as front and rear are synced those are most important. Is it just me or does that light bar look kind of strange up there? And plus one on the paint job. They should make it a nice glossy black or matte finish. Just plasti dip it!

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Looks good with what you were given. +1 on the paint job. Also are they just using it as a transport vehicle?

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Hoff said:
Looks good with what you were given. +1 on the paint job. Also are they just using it as a transport vehicle?

I have no idea what their plans are for this vehicle. I am kind of assuming that it will be transporting personnel and equipment.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Too much in my opinion, but when I see military vehicles I don't think they need so many lights, especially if their leaving it NATO camo.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
We just had one in the shop. Painted flat black. The whole interior was rhino liner. They did a nice job with taping everything off. Ours didnt have the hard top or doors though. It was more of a PR vehicle than actual line vehicle. The town that got it is veryyyyy loaded and all into image..

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Did you have a hard time drilling the holes for the rear lights? I have done 3 hmmwv's for a department, (one black, two regular paint scheme). Some thick metal in places and some very thin in others. Each was a different style. Box, hardtop, pickup. Good job from what I see! It would have been nicer if the radio tray was left in there to mount some equipment to.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Not your fault, but:

Should have pianted it first.

On a specialzed vehicle like that there really is no need at all for that amount of lighting. So, lighting = great install, vehicle appearance, =crap.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
theroofable said:
Did you have a hard time drilling the holes for the rear lights? I have done 3 hmmwv's for a department, (one black, two regular paint scheme). Some thick metal in places and some very thin in others. Each was a different style. Box, hardtop, pickup. Good job from what I see! It would have been nicer if the radio tray was left in there to mount some equipment to.

Yes. I originally wanted to mount some of the 3s or s higher on the body line but the metal was just to thick to do so. Lower down on the body was a lot easier.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Very cool!

I love what you did with the placement/synching of the rear. The side lights look just fine, and don't necessarily need synched since they're all on that similar pattern.

DOC J

Nov 11, 2012
NW Ohio
Hope they switched out the seats..extremely uncomfortable. Appears as wasted effort to me, just my opinion. I'm sure there was good reason though. Free vehicle, cheap, or just no other purpose, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.