Switch Wiring

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Can anyone tell me how I'd wire this switch? Where would power come in, go out, ground, etc. Thanks.

ai468.photobucket.com_albums_rr41_nifoxke_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_20110129_00002.jpg

Does it have a light in it? If not then there isn't a ground.

Power comes in on the center post, and the output is the outside post. That switch has 2 sets of contacts so that you can switch 2 different loads and sources off of it. The way your holding it there is a left side and a right side.

Paul

As much as I agree that it is likely a DPST switch, the only way to be sure is to test it with a multimeter or test light.

Or, if it is a Carling, the part number is on it. Their website ( http://rocker-switches.carlingtech.com/index.asp ) should have enough info for you to determine exactly what that switch is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

If I decide to only have one load off the switch, do I need to supply power to both posts?

07GD SFD said:
Thanks guys.

If I decide to only have one load off the switch, do I need to supply power to both posts?

no. one side is in and out and the other side is in and out

but to be 100% sure. grab your DMM and shoot out continuity between the blades with the switch in the OFF and in the ON position

I shoot out every switch, even brand new ones that i specifically order. b/c people make mistakes

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381