Tactical flashlights

mike

May 23, 2010
usa, california
surefire origionally stated the brightness of a tactical flashlight should be atleast 1

65 lumens. for 99.9% of uses this is more than adequate, infact most actually prefer a low power mode

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
rwo978 said:
Along these lines.... weapon mounted LED lights. What are people using? Looking at getting one for my bag. It won't be permanently mounted, just thrown on when clearing a building, so quick detach is a must. And, different prices for such. Looking for sub-$100.
A couple of reasons I'd advocate getting a holster that works with the light mounted on the gun:

1) are you gonna remember every time to take the light with you from the bag?

2) you find someone who wants to resist/fight while doing your search, but can't justify shooting him. Do you wanna waste time taking the light off, under stress, with your hand that close to the muzzle, before you can reholster?

The safariland SLS & ALS holsters are made so they turn the light off automatically as you reholster, at least with the TLR series from Streamlight. I use an ALS with the rotating hood, a Glock 22 and a TLR-1. Works great.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Well the holster part really isn't up to me, it's the depts. I still want a light for my bag. There's a couple other guys who keep them in their bags. They've never had to use them though.

It might be a budget item to bring up to see if we can get them.

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
An old school M3 or M6 light are great for quick on/off (Use to have one). The newer TLRs (what I currently have) have a screw and not really easy to take on/off all the time. But price i'd say max $80 for an M3 light or about $100 for a new TLR1s (with strobe feature)

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
Streamlight Strion LED HP as a patrol light, Streamlight Super Tac as a tac light and the Streamlight PT2L as a backup or smaller tactical light. All stupid bright and the strobe mode on the Strion and the PT2L is a great disorienting/distracting device.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.