Tahoe PPV Install Tips..??? My first one...

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I usually don't do many installs but I am having to do 4 for the City I work for.... Does anyone have any tips for me? Do they come with a HLF or TLF built in? I already have ordered the equipment for them so any help or tip will be greatly appreciated! It looks to be "pre-wired" by the large amount of wires layed out to where the center console goes.

Equipment Goes (as they wanted)

-SOS Pinnacle Lightbar 54"

-Nforce flush by tag

-Nforce in back glass

-4 head ultra-lite in grille

-Jotto Desk Console

-MPH Radar

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
The TLF can be activated using a relay but you have to reverse the polarity. It is triggered by a negative signal. If you add a HLF get the plug and play for them. Makes life so much easier. And yes the wires should give you grill light wires along with speaker and HLF/TLF activation wires plus the power wire. If you want the TLF to activate with the rear lights you will have to cut the wire at the harness below the passenger side headlight where the HLF plugs in. I am on mobile so I can not get to the installer guide quickly but I am sure you can find it with a simple google search, or on Wattco.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Ok so I got the user manual out of the ol' glove box and it talks about the HLF and TLF activations (I don't know if these Tahoes came ordered with the HLF or not and seems all come with the rear flashers). Still don't really fully understand but im sure I can figure it out.

Also you said the vehicle is "pre-wired" ? So I have a positive already ran in the bundle of wires laying there and siren speaker wires and grille lights? Is that all or is there anything in the rear or for a lightbar or interior lightbar?

Like I said, only got to look at these things for about 4 minutes.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Seems like (been a few days) that there should be 2 30a feeds and a 50a in the console bundle and 2 50a feeds behind the driver-rear-side trim piece back by the jack.

Your good and dear friend: http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/2013%20Municipal%20Guide%20Tahoe.pdf

See page 23 for basic provided wiring.

Excerpt here:

Your vehicle is equipped with wiring provisions for a 12-volt battery power supply.

Refer to the following information when adding electrical system. The wiring

harness is located below the instrument panel near the center of the vehicle. The

following information describes the breaker and relay location.

The 12-volt battery power is supplied through two underhood mega fuses, one

125-amp and one 60-amp. This underhood power is fed to the breaker/relay center

via a harness that passes through the driver side front of the dash, and routed

across the instrument pane to a position forward of the glove box. The breaker/

relay center is mounted to the instrument panel structure forward of the glove

box. The center includes a plastic bracket, two relays, two 30-amp breakers and

three 50-amp mega circuit breakers.

Two 30-amp breakers supply power from the underhood 60-amp mega fuse

through the contacts of the control relays to a 12-gauge (3.0 mm2) blunt cut

wires. These two blunt cut leads are part of wire coiled under the instrument panel

near the center of the vehicle.

Each relay is operated by a 0.5 mm2 blunt cut, light or dark blue control lead

includes in a 3-foot (91 cm) loop of wire under the instrument panel.

Three 50-amp mega circuit breakers, protected by three fusible links, supply power

directly from the underhood 125-amp mega fuse through three, 10-gauge (5.0

mm2) wires. Two of the wires are routed through the body harness to a split buss

junction block to the left rear of the cargo area and secured near the jack and tools.

This 3-foot (91 cm) of coiled wires can be accessed by removing the cup holder on

the top of the trim panel. The third 10-gauge (5.0 mm2) wire is a blunt cut lead,

which is part of the 3-foot (91 cm) loop of wire coiled under the instrument panel

near the center of the vehicle.

An 8-gauge (8 mm2) ground lead is also provided and it is located under the front

passenger sill plate. It can be accessed by removing the sill plate and pulling the

loop of wire at the front of the plate, the lead is 3-feet (91 cm) long.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.