Take a look at this lol!!!

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
Ok find the things that are wrong with this pic from one of our pumpers! I need to find the person that did this!!! :shock:

ai1010.photobucket.com_albums_af226_towman88_0902101847a_1.jpg

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
1) Improper mounting

2) That side is blocked from the rear as far as warning goes, though that may not be an issue depending on rear lighting on the apparatus.

3) A siren speaker is still mounted to the roof?

4) Some might bring up the antenna on the lightbar.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I see this alot, first off the truck originally had a beacon ray mounted in the center which it's motor took a shit. This engine has dual cp25's mounted on it in this same fashion. Since a Twinsonic won't sit between the cp's they fabricated up to mounting brackets and installed the bar in front of the speakers. As for the antenna..Some 18 year old radio shop kid decided it was an easy place to put an antenna and ever since jackass's have been swiss cheesing my speaker covers.

http://forums.libertypse.com/showthread ... =twinsonic

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
grfd711 said:
1) Improper mounting

2) That side is blocked from the rear as far as warning goes, though that may not be an issue depending on rear lighting on the apparatus.

3) A siren speaker is still mounted to the roof?

4) Some might bring up the antenna on the lightbar.

yeah pretty much everything in the pic

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Guess they didn't want to spend to money to buy actual perm. mount feet from Fed Sig.....

And the CP speaker is pretty much useless behind the TwinSonic. Plus, like Grfd711 mentioned, it's not compliant for apparatus use (hearing loss possibility).

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
Yeah the speakers are about 1inch from the lightbar so hardly no sound to the front and there is only two weak strobes to the rear and im shocked that it has not flew of the truck yet bc it moves around from the crazy mounts! I am going to change every thing in a few days.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
towman88 said:
Yeah the speakers are about 1inch from the lightbar so hardly no sound to the front and there is only two weak strobes to the rear and im shocked that it has not flew of the truck yet bc it moves around from the crazy mounts!

Jeez! That's nuts how bad that lightbar install was. Lucky the TS didn't tumble off the truck during a call!

I am going to change every thing in a few days.

:D

Post some pics of the changes, that's required :lol: :cool: .

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I was doing some routine maintenance on one of the pumpers at my former VFD and discovered the bolts holding the lightbar's mounting foot on one side were both completely gone. The only thing holding it to the cab was the cable, which was siliconed through the roof. The bolts on the other foot were a bit loose, but still there, and I replaced them all with a better and much more secure setup. There was easy access to the opposite side of the roof inside the cab where the nuts and washers would have been. They would have fallen onto the seat or floorboard and been noticed if they had simply worked loose, and since the bolts were gone too, it appeared that someone had possibly tried to steal the bar at one time and were scared off before they finished. The truck is always garaged in a locked station, but the area is very rural though. The road the station is on is hardly used, so you can hear someone coming a long way off, especially at night.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
A Twin Sonic speaker compartment has room for two TS series speakers. All the installer would have had to do was remove the CP25s and connect the siren to the dual TS speakers in the light bar.

Where I live, the city FD converted some older fire engines over to light bars in the late 1970s - early 1980s. All the bars had speakers in them. If the engine already had an electronic siren, the siren was hooked up to the speaker in the light bar. If the engine had a mechanical siren, the mechanical siren was removed and replaced with an electronic siren.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.