"Taken from a drug dealer"

mjMIff said:
I am not sure why, but some people do have a problem with it.

I agree. I swear, the media must ask the most ignorant, naieve people for their input. :eyebrowhuh: :dunce: It's free people. :duh:

I guess they want the seized property sold and put into the general fund, or worse yet, given back to the (alleged) offender.

The Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation Commission aka FWC, also does this. The most recent vehicle I have seen was a newer Ford Explorer. It has a sticker on the back window saying something like: Seized from a wild turkey poacher and the date arrested.

The field reporter in that news story sounds like he might be slightly retarded.

Ben E. said:
The field reporter in that news story sounds like he might be slightly retarded.
I think he was making a very bad effort to try to sound like one of those investigative reporters who can stir their audience with just a few words. And he failed miserably at it.

The only thing of any interest in the whole piece is that a Cadi CTS makes an unusual police vehicle. Truth to tell, it probably has more acceleration and top speed than some police package cars these days. Did you notice that the Sheriff didn't say what the car was going to be used for? The reporter tried to make it sound like it would become a standard patrol vehicle which we are supposed to instantly believe is a bad idea. Now if I was that Sheriff, I'd be thinking, "What a great undercover car for the detective division."

Just another annoying case of a media outlet trying to create news where there really is none. No wonder no one trusts the media any more.

We took a brand-new Pontiac Trans Am from a doper back in the day and made it into a marked traffic unit. Everyone wanted to drive it........ until they did. Good looking car, but uncomfortable as hell while wearing a gun belt.

It was fun to drive by the doper's house in it. He used to flip us off as we drove by in his car.

crescentstar69 said:
We took a brand-new Pontiac Trans Am from a doper back in the day and made it into a marked traffic unit. Everyone wanted to drive it........ until they did. Good looking car, but uncomfortable as hell while wearing a gun belt.

It was fun to drive by the doper's house in it. He used to flip us off as we drove by in his car.

The police in Roanoke are a lot nicer about their Magnum, they had a drug dealer donate it. But from all I've seen of it, it doesn't seem to have a single blue light on it... The only police equipment it seems to have is the paint job. I've only ever seen it in parades.

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1102_672543965_9ad8b8eb16.png

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1101_672544513_55ddc86ef5.png

Since the Mustang wasn't P/Rated the Sheriff drove it as his daily and for PR. He even had a high school couple ask him if he would drive him to prom, which he did on his own time. Anyone not familiar with the area, Saginaw, particularly the City of Saginaw has a high crime rate, it is at times the highest per capita in the nation. They even have the Sharp Shooter microphones around the city to detect gun shots :/

Undercover would be a nice use for it, but I imagine the Sheriff might trade off his Mustang in the winter for the CTS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the video has been updated, the Under Sheriff is going to drive it and they got a Lincoln Town Car coming soon as well. I wasn't aware of the funding providing vehicle maintenance as well. NICE! :D

Yeah, and the reporter is getting slower and slower at speaking. I am not sure what is up with that, he really did sound retarded in that video.

Our Dept confiscated a Chevy Blazer years ago from a dealer. They had it fully marked and outfitted, added DARE decals and lettering that it was confiscated from a drug dealer. It was assigned to our DARE/liason officers and they drove it for years until it fell apart!

I still think it's cooler to say "donated by" the dealer than "taken" or "confiscated"... Maybe it's just because they had at least one vehicle (Honda CRV) donated by a local car dealership for "community-oriented policing", but that was too mundane to be a parade car.

nerdly_dood said:
I still think it's cooler to say "donated by" the dealer than "taken" or "confiscated"... Maybe it's just because they had at least one vehicle (Honda CRV) donated by a local car dealership for "community-oriented policing", but that was too mundane to be a parade car.

"Donated by" implies the vehicle was given freely to the department, and may leave some to wonder WTH, while "confiscated from" leaves absolutely no doubt in anyones mind what will happen to their vehicle if it is used in the commission of a crime.

We have a local department here that has a 2008 Suburban LTZ that was confiscated from someone stealing identities to get loans and then skate out on them. The funds confiscated also paid for the install.

SlickTop Solutions said:
"Donated by" implies the vehicle was given freely to the department, and may leave some to wonder WTH, while "confiscated from" leaves absolutely no doubt in anyones mind what will happen to their vehicle if it is used in the commission of a crime.

We have a local department here that has a 2008 Suburban LTZ that was confiscated from someone stealing identities to get loans and then skate out on them. The funds confiscated also paid for the install.

"Donated" actually explicitly says it was given to them, which communicates sarcasm to me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381