Taking apart aerodynic dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
smitty711 said:
How hard is it to take apart an aerodynic dome and rearrange the colors?

Pretty hard. They often break vs. seperate.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
The ones with fresher silicone are usually easier to seperate, but I have found older ones that have also been easy to break the dried up silicone. It depends on how hard it is, as some of them appear to have seams that were superglued and are impossible to break apart. Be careful around the ends, as those are what give the most problem, and removing the chrome strip on top helps out too.

LightBars4Sale.com

Dec 9, 2010
Norton Ohio 44203
i have a mini aero i am working on now - it has the broken center black divider - question is - is the center black required on a mini? Will the dome support itself without it - with the interlocking 4 sections?

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
You will need the center divider on any all-light Aerodynic. On both ends you need an endcap to fasten the lenses with screws to the frames, and the endcap does not fit on the opposite end of a lens. Only way it to use 2 lenses and the lens-divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.