Tampa Police to buy new patrol car

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Tampa's graphics look good on all 3 cars, imho. But they've got their lightbars on backwards with blue on the driver's side, if you ask me.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
"According to fueleconomy.gov, a Crown Vic gets 16 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. A Dodge Charger gets 19 mpg in the city and 31 on the highway."

Thats because the crown vic is a V8 and this particular charger is a V6. If they went with the V8 charger it would be 16 city, 25 hwy. I do love the charger though either way...it looks mean!

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
NFD-102 said:
"According to fueleconomy.gov, a Crown Vic gets 16 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. A Dodge Charger gets 19 mpg in the city and 31 on the highway."

Thats because the crown vic is a V8 and this particular charger is a V6. If they went with the V8 charger it would be 16 city, 25 hwy. I do love the charger though either way...it looks mean!
EPA estimates are almost never "real life" mileage.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
charger looks BAD ASS with the graphics, steelies and wrap around push bumper. just needs tints.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
I LOVE that new charger with Tampa PD's scheme.

jph2 said:
Tampa's graphics look good on all 3 cars, imho. But they've got their lightbars on backwards with blue on the driver's side, if you ask me.
Tampa has always been like that. Blue on drivers side, red on passengers side.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.